Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Completely irrelevant(sorry)

Completely irrelevant(sorry)

Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:03 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Completely irrelevant(sorry)

Sorry Guys

My little girl is completely covered in Chicken pox(3yrs) shes fine in herself,but anybody done anything to help ease the spots,salt baths,using t-tree oil & calamine lotion to help with itching,discomfort etc....

Shes ma wee spotty chicken at the moment fine durring the day but shes murdered at sleepy time .

Any tips to help?

Donna.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:07 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completely irrelevant(sorry)

Originally Posted by madsad
Sorry Guys

My little girl is completely covered in Chicken pox(3yrs) shes fine in herself,but anybody done anything to help ease the spots,salt baths,using t-tree oil & calamine lotion to help with itching,discomfort etc....

Shes ma wee spotty chicken at the moment fine durring the day but shes murdered at sleepy time .

Any tips to help?

Donna.

Hi Donna, A good long soak in an oatmeal bath is very soothing. It helped my kids chicken pox itching a lot. Not sure what brand over there. Over here a good one is Aveeno oatmeal soak. But you should be able to find something with oatmeal in it.
Poor little spotty chicken!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:16 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callë
Hi Donna, A good long soak in an oatmeal bath is very soothing. It helped my kids chicken pox itching a lot. Not sure what brand over there. Over here a good one is Aveeno oatmeal soak. But you should be able to find something with oatmeal in it.
Poor little spotty chicken!

Thanx Calle,

We have Aveeno moisturising cream here,Loui was prescribed it when she was a baba as she has eczema,but will give the oatmeal bath a go tomorrow,A bit of hit & miss,you just feel helpless eh? Loui is my fourth but the only one to take it so bad

Thankyou so much for your advice x

Donna.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna!

Sorry to hear your girlie has chicken spots (as my daughter used to call them)

With my 3, a cool bath used to help followed by bucket loads of calamine lotion. Also have you given her any Piriton syrup? It's good to ease the itching, also it may make her sleepy so she may (and you) get a better nights sleep.

hope this helps

Petra
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:21 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Sorry Guys

Shes ma wee spotty chicken at the moment fine durring the day but shes murdered at sleepy time
Any tips to help?

Donna.
Poor kid.

Bathing every hour in warm[ish]water, thorough drying down and dabbing with calamine lotion and a dose of Calpol every 4/6 hours [or as per instructions] is probably the best you can do. They/you will probably only get to sleep when exhausted

Good news [from memory] is you only get one or two bad night at most. Littleun normally back to normal after then [spots & infection still there but not as itchy]

Hope all's well soon

Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:23 pm
Cheeky

Hi Donna,

Awww your poor little one.

I cant offer much advice other than the calamine lotion but you are already using this, so sorry.

Aww, gentle hug to the little wee madsad. ((( ))) Bless, hope you feel better soon liittleun,

Cheeky
xx

Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Donna!

Sorry to hear your girlie has chicken spots (as my daughter used to call them)

With my 3, a cool bath used to help followed by bucket loads of calamine lotion. Also have you given her any Piriton syrup? It's good to ease the itching, also it may make her sleepy so she may (and you) get a better nights sleep.

hope this helps

Petra

Thanks Petra,

What a good idea i have some,never though of using it for chicken pox but it does say for skin conditions,so will give her some tomorrow at bed time-thankyou x

Donna.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:37 pm

Thanx Phoenix & Cheeky,

Daddy bought her a Rockit(Fimbles!!) & she absolutely loves it,shes a very touchy feely baba,tee-shirts,trouserlegs,labels,she gets a comfort from.
Three years down the line,im still sleeping in her bed,she stoats through at 1/2am and says she wants a coori oori with daddy & i ask where have i to sleep? she responds-in ma bed!!!

Ah well-sleeps sleep!! ma baba has slept more with ma hubby than i have in 3 years!!!

Anything for a nights sleep am sure we will catch up eventually!!!

Donna.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I found LactoCalomine better than straight forward Calomine. Doesn't dry out so much. More soothing. When my girls had Chicken Pox, tried Calomine and they itched more when it dried and went crusty.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I found LactoCalomine better than straight forward Calomine. Doesn't dry out so much. More soothing. When my girls had Chicken Pox, tried Calomine and they itched more when it dried and went crusty.

Can you buy it over the counter Moneypen? & where?sorry never heard of it.

Donna
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

I used calamine dabbed on with cotton buds and calpol plus pirition syrup for my two who had it at the same time also just used to let them wear cotton night shirts hope little one soon better ireland
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ireland
I used calamine dabbed on with cotton buds and calpol plus pirition syrup for my two who had it at the same time also just used to let them wear cotton night shirts hope little one soon better ireland

Thanks Ireland!,at the moment shes sleeping in her shorts with her mammies t-shirt wrapped around her!

Donna.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:43 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Donna

You can buy lacto-calamine over the counter in UK [Boots or any decent pharmacy].

As moneypen mentioned, the difference is that lactocalamine doesn't leave the powdery / coloured compound on the skin once it's dried. Both however are similar in terms of medicinal "make-up" and both will do the job

Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Donna

You can buy lacto-calamine over the counter in UK [Boots or any decent pharmacy].

As moneypen mentioned, the difference is that lactocalamine doesn't leave the powdery / coloured compound on the skin once it's dried. Both however are similar in terms of medicinal "make-up" and both will do the job

Thanks Phoenix,i will get some tomorrow,try anything,how would you apply it? cotton wool seems seems to absorb allot of the lotion, so i use my fingers! but geez its drying my hands! still if baba gets some relief worth doing

Donna.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 12:31 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks Phoenix,i will get some tomorrow,try anything,how would you apply it? cotton wool seems seems to absorb allot of the lotion, so i use my fingers! but geez its drying my hands! still if baba gets some relief worth doing

Donna.
Hi Donna

Perhaps cotton-wool pads are best as they don't absorb as much as the balls and you'd be able to cover greater areas than you would with buds

I personally wouldn't use my hands Donna. With all the best will in the world....you might inadvertantly spread infection, to you or the littleun....

BTW: Have you had CP yourself? Did you know the CP virus can off -set shingles in adults? [usually if the adult is susceptable or a bit run down]

Fingers crossed it'll all be over in a couple of days and back to getting some shut-eye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.