Reload this Page >

complementary therapies

complementary therapies

Old Jun 20th 2004, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default complementary therapies

HI

I have recently qualified as a holistic massage therapist (ITEC) and am currently studying for I.H.M. (ITEC) and want to open up a practice in Perth when we eventually reach Australia. Has anyone got knowledge of links or forums that deal with complementary therapies specificially for Aus so that I can find out a bit more info.

tx
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya

there are flipping LOADS of complementary therapists of all different sorts over here, naturopaths, homeopaths, massage therapists, Reiki healers, Bowen therapists, kinieologists...EAR candlers (I KID YOU NOT!) you can't move for them!! The Perthites seem to be very BIG on them so you should have no problems, they love all things alternative...in fact the alternative lifestyle is big here.

This is a "new age" magazine that many of them use to advertise their services...perhaps there are further links that will be of use to you?....erm just a word of warning...there is some completely MAD MAD MAD stuff in here too but on the whole it's pretty good.

http://www.novazine.com.au/

Good luck

love sophia x

edited to add....not that I'm taking the p*ss or anything cos I'm a reiki master myself and training to be a yoga teacher but honestly...just read some of these ads...http://www.novazine.com.au/classifiedsperth.html

Last edited by sophia; Jun 21st 2004 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Originally posted by sophia
hiya

there are flipping LOADS of complementary therapists of all different sorts over here, naturopaths, homeopaths, massage therapists, Reiki healers, Bowen therapists, kinieologists...EAR candlers (I KID YOU NOT!) you can't move for them!! The Perthites seem to be very BIG on them so you should have no problems, they love all things alternative...in fact the alternative lifestyle is big here.

This is a "new age" magazine that many of them use to advertise their services...perhaps there are further links that will be of use to you?....erm just a word of warning...there is some completely MAD MAD MAD stuff in here too but on the whole it's pretty good.

http://www.novazine.com.au/

Good luck

love sophia x

edited to add....not that I'm taking the p*ss or anything cos I'm a reiki master myself and training to be a yoga teacher but honestly...just read some of these ads...http://www.novazine.com.au/classifiedsperth.html
thank you so much Sophia. I come from an accountant background and made a career change by studying various therapies and also natural nutrition based on naturopathy but unfortunately the nutrition is not "internationally recognised" so cannot use it in Aus unless I find a loop hole. I have had a look at your links and they look good and agree that some things are a bit "unusual" for me but hey, everyone to themselves!

Have a good day and maybe catch up when we get there Octoberish (hopefully)

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya gordy

feel free to PM me if you wanna meet up when you arrive. I'm friends with a couple of homeopaths and naturopaths here and I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering some of your questions.

love sophia x