Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Competitive Trampolining clubs on the Gold Coast.

Competitive Trampolining clubs on the Gold Coast.

Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:29 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Competitive Trampolining clubs on the Gold Coast.

Does anyone know of a Trampoline Cub on the Gold Coast that competes in regional, tarrif & grading competitions. I would like to take my children to visit a club next year on our reccie trip. I have emailed one club, but they only do trampolining for fun. The lady there said to contact the Super Sports Center at Runaway Bay, which I done, but have not had a reply and can't see anything about trampolining on the website.

So thought I would ask here.

Thanks.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:56 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Competitive Trampolining clubs on the Gold Coast.

Originally Posted by cinderella
Does anyone know of a Trampoline Cub on the Gold Coast that competes in regional, tarrif & grading competitions. I would like to take my children to visit a club next year on our reccie trip. I have emailed one club, but they only do trampolining for fun. The lady there said to contact the Super Sports Center at Runaway Bay, which I done, but have not had a reply and can't see anything about trampolining on the website.

Thanks.

You can find out about Trampolining in Qld through Gymnastics Qld:
http://www.gymqld.org.au/

They can link you to the relevent association by clicking on "Find A Club" or Gymsports.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My girls' club in Currumbin does. You can either join for fun or for competition, they are an excellent club. I can get you more info if you're interested. Currumbin is at the bottom of the GC by the way and a beautiful part of the world.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:16 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You can find out about Trampolining in Qld through Gymnastics Qld:
http://www.gymqld.org.au/

They can link you to the relevent association by clicking on "Find A Club" or Gymsports.
Thanks for your reply. I have already looked on that site, and have contacted the gold coast Gymnastics club, who do have trampolining but they only do it for fun.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My girls' club in Currumbin does. You can either join for fun or for competition, they are an excellent club. I can get you more info if you're interested. Currumbin is at the bottom of the GC by the way and a beautiful part of the world.

Thanks Moneypen20, I will look on the qld gym website and get the details. I probably didn't look at them as we don't intend to live south, but I don't mind a drive. I am already doing that to our club now.
Thanks again.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Training for competitive gymnastics is available at The Southport School, the have a very good gym. I have no idea if it is available to anybody who isn't a pupil, and added to that it is a boys school. The sister school is called St Hildas, these schools might beable to point you in the right direction, if you ask to speak to the gymnastics coach. Hope this helps.

Another idea, try the police citizen youth club, there is one in Broadbeach. I am sure I saw trampolines there, don't know if it is competitive though.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Training for competitive gymnastics is available at The Southport School, the have a very good gym. I have no idea if it is available to anybody who isn't a pupil, and added to that it is a boys school. The sister school is called St Hildas, these schools might beable to point you in the right direction, if you ask to speak to the gymnastics coach. Hope this helps.

Another idea, try the police citizen youth club, there is one in Broadbeach. I am sure I saw trampolines there, don't know if it is competitive though.

Thanks very much. It is my 2 boys that do this, so I will have a look at Southport School as well. Do you have boys there?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much. It is my 2 boys that do this, so I will have a look at Southport School as well. Do you have boys there?
Yes, my 5 year old, he goes to the Gymnastics club, he absolutely loves it. What age are your boys? The gymnastic coach is a lovely helpful person, I am sure he would be delighted to hear from you.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

www.tss.qld.gov.au

The Southport School web site
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:55 am

They are 11 and 9. The eldest Alex only does trampolining but Will does both tramp and gymnastics. He is the north west of england under 10 Trampolining champ at the moment. He does his gymnastics for fun. They are both quite competitive with each other. I have daughter who is 6, she has just started gym and wants to trampoline as well.

Thanks very much for your help.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

They are 11 and 9. The eldest Alex only does trampolining but Will does both tramp and gymnastics. He is the north west of england under 10 Trampolining champ at the moment. He does his gymnastics for fun. They are both quite competitive with each other. I have daughter who is 6, she has just started gym and wants to trampoline as well.

Thanks very much for your help.
Is he really, wow that's great! What talented children. If you are looking to move to the Gold Coast The Southport School is considered very highly. The sporting facilities are fantastic, they produce and encourage excellence.

My brother excelled at Gymnastics, he was brilliant, represented his school and his county etc winning gold medals left right and centre. Hoping that my little boy has some of his talent, with any luck. My brother now is a professional wrestler :scared: , in his spare time, no longer competing but he still has springs in his feet! He puts on an awesome show in the wrestling ring.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:21 am

Is he really, wow that's great! What talented children. If you are looking to move to the Gold Coast The Southport School is considered very highly. The sporting facilities are fantastic, they produce and encourage excellence.

My brother excelled at Gymnastics, he was brilliant, represented his school and his county etc winning gold medals left right and centre. Hoping that my little boy has some of his talent, with any luck. My brother now is a professional wrestler :scared: , in his spare time, no longer competing but he still has springs in his feet! He puts on an awesome show in the wrestling ring.

I don't think mine will ever be that good, but they just love it. It keeps them busy and fit (along with the sports they do) and I quite like going to the competitions as people are so nice and friendly.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't think mine will ever be that good, but they just love it. It keeps them busy and fit (along with the sports they do) and I quite like going to the competitions as people are so nice and friendly.
One of them is already a champ, thats brilliant! I know what you mean about them just loving it, I don't think my little boy is champion material, but he is so enthusiastic.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:42 am

One of them is already a champ, thats brilliant! I know what you mean about them just loving it, I don't think my little boy is champion material, but he is so enthusiastic.

You don't know where enthusiasm will lead. Best wishes and thanks again for your help.