Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

company that helps with accommodation?

company that helps with accommodation?

Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

jamosie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default company that helps with accommodation?

we are moving to brisbane but have not family and friends there... and were wondering if anyone knows a good company that can help you relocate and organise accomodation??? not just shipping. we have been to aus before, and we have a rental history, but we just wanted to go straight into a property instead of being in hotels etc..

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 6th 2010 at 2:21 pm. Reason: Please don't put your email address on the forum - you're likely to get loads of spam!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: company that helps with accommodation?

As far as I know, relocation agents won't find you a permanent home before you get there. The estate agent is unlikely to let them. And would you really trust someone you do not know with this decision?

We thought about getting a relocation agent as we had heard it was so hard to find somewhere to rent with pets, but they are pretty expensive and when somebody who had used one said it was like having a very expensive taxi driver I decided against it. Very glad I did too, I saw one couple being led around the open houses with a relocation agent gushing over the crappiest houses.

Temporary accommodation when you arrive is a good idea I think.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Spend time looking for suitable short term accom...
Try stayz
Homely homes
Etc then look when you get here
We found something lovely and have 6 weeks so it lasts til shipping arrives...think about shipping itemsseveral weeks before you leave ...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:03 am
Just Joined

jamosie is an unknown quantity at this point

bermuda shorts... good point. i grew up in brisbane and thought that would give me a leg up on renting, but good point about the rental people trying to rent out crap for lots of money.

heldownunder... thanks for the links. will check it out. we have migrated once before (with help of family, but they weren't really any help, and we moved back) and we didn't take anything. this time we are putting together lots of stuff that we know we can get cheap here, eg shoes for kids and we don't care if it take 4 months!! LOL we know when we get it, it will be like gold. but that seems the trade off for the weather and space in aus... things are more expensive hey.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:30 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamosie
we are moving to brisbane but have not family and friends there... and were wondering if anyone knows a good company that can help you relocate and organise accomodation??? not just shipping. we have been to aus before, and we have a rental history, but we just wanted to go straight into a property instead of being in hotels etc..
No decent Real Estate agent will allow YOU to rent a property without physically inspecting first, it indemnifies both themselves and you and is a sensible stance.
Do you have a sponsored job lined up? If so, maybe the new employer may help? Mine provided short term serviced apartment plus the use of a relocation agent, not all do so I consider myself fortunate.