Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

companies that send english food to oz

companies that send english food to oz

Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Question companies that send english food to oz

Has anyone tried this? I have thought about it as a special treat for christmas and wondered if anyone can recommend one.

Don't think the will send pork pie for hubbie though!!!!!!

Mandy
Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: companies that send english food to oz

Originally Posted by scrawni
Has anyone tried this? I have thought about it as a special treat for christmas and wondered if anyone can recommend one.

Mandy
Hey Mandy - getting hot up there

I've not tried any of the below, but I had them listed as favourites so they might be worth a look at. Might wanting to get moving if its before Christmas though.

http://www.britessentials.com/shop.html
http://www.askthebutler.com/
http://www.expatdirect.co.uk/home.asp
http://www.xpatshop.co.uk/
http://www.britishexpatsupplies.co.uk/
Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Mandy
Apparently there are 'British Food' specialty stores in almost every city. You could always try locating your nearest one and asking if they'll do a mail order delivery.

BTW...you do get Pork Pies in Oz. No no no! Don't tell me... they just don't taste the same?
Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ushas
Apparently there are 'British Food' specialty stores in almost every city. You could always try locating your nearest one and asking if they'll do a mail order delivery.

BTW...you do get Pork Pies in Oz. No no no! Don't tell me... they just don't taste the same?

Thanks guys, I will have a look at those web sites. As for pork pies, we haven't seen one!!!!!! They seem to be the only thing he really misses, oh, as well as a good curry and chicke chowmein.

As for the weather, we haven't found it too bad up to yet (apparently the worst is to come!) Brisbane has been hotter of late. It is nice and overcast today so that has been a welcome change.

Mandy
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:52 am
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

PORK PIES....I may be able to help there then. I have been in Australia now for about three weeks, came over as a skilled baker/bakery supervisor. Were living at Coombabah, Gold Coast. I was the Bakery Manager of the only Pork Pie bakery left in Melton Mowbray, England (Dickinson & Morris) you may have heard or seen them about.

Since of been in Australia I've made loads for friends and family already. If you want me to bake a few and bring them down to the up and coming Gold Coast meet in November I'll see what I can do

You see you really can get everything you want over here. BTW last Saturday I did a great long gala pie (the one's with the boiled eggs running through the middle) & it went down a treat with the locals.
Anyway this is me just before I came over standing outside my bakery in Melton.

Cheers Wenz
Attached Thumbnails companies that send english food to oz-porkpie.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:58 am
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future
Smile Re: companies that send english food to oz

Originally Posted by Wenz
PORK PIES....I may be able to help there then. I have been in Australia now for about three weeks, came over as a skilled baker/bakery supervisor. Were living at Coombabah, Gold Coast. I was the Bakery Manager of the only Pork Pie bakery left in Melton Mowbray, England (Dickinson & Morris) you may have heard or seen them about.

Since of been in Australia I've made loads for friends and family already. If you want me to bake a few and bring them down to the up and coming Gold Coast meet in November I'll see what I can do

You see you really can get everything you want over here. BTW last Saturday I did a great long gala pie (the one's with the boiled eggs running through the middle) & it went down a treat with the locals.

Cheers Wenz
Just like to add that we're all loving it over here, and now that I am here Australia has got better pork pies than England, who'd have thought it
Wenz.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i think you should seriously think about going into business..i know several guys here in Adelaide who are desperate for a good pork pie!!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:31 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by podgypossum
i think you should seriously think about going into business..i know several guys here in Adelaide who are desperate for a good pork pie!!

and here in Brisbane too. I have found pork pies, but its the the pork and pickle ones I like the best and I havent seen any of them... yet
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wenz
BTW last Saturday I did a great long gala pie (the one's with the boiled eggs running through the middle) & it went down a treat with the locals.

Cheers Wenz
OOOhhh we may have to come down..... gala pies remind me of childhood holidays staying with my gran....yummy! Am now trying to describe them to The Bloke!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Mandy
Hi Mandy

When I lived in the US, we used to get loads of 'treat' stuff sent over from Harrods & Fortnums for the Holiday season. I'm sure they deliver to Oz too. Harrods deffo do - take a look at:

http://www.harrods.com/Cultures/en-U...s.htm#delivery

Fortnums now use Mitsukoshi store in Tokyo to deliver its products, but the web site isnlt very helpful; see:

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/cgi-b...?country=Japan

And:

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/cgi-b...lt?manual=true

Here in Melbourne, the David Jones Food Hall seems to stock many delish treats from Blighty, mainland Europe & the USA. Dunno if you have anything like that locally....

Good luck & hope you find something nice!
Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz

Here in Melbourne, the David Jones Food Hall seems to stock many delish treats from Blighty, mainland Europe & the USA. Dunno if you have anything like that locally....

Good luck & hope you find something nice!
Cheers,
Anya.
The local David Jones doesn't have a food hall, but its a good excuse to go into the city at the weekend and check that one out! Thanks Anya - I have to find a gala pie now, as the Bloke thinks it sounds stodgy and yuk
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

petafray will become famous soon enough

Man Wenz, that picture reminded me of 'the olde country' Lived in Loughborough and cottesmore and other far flung leicestershire haunts for 18 years before moving out here 2 years ago. Special saturday trip to melton for the pies (from that very shop) was a treat. - I'm up for a pie if your still making them

Peta
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:48 am
wombat42

Where can you get that British delicacy, Mad Cow Meat?

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
Where can you get that British delicacy, Mad Cow Meat?
By the pineapple and beetroot acompanients people here eat with burgers I think a similiar disease hit the human population a long time ago.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh no, found someone who can make pork pies and we are miles away, up in Cairns , mmm how well do you think they would be through the post??????

Really, you should consider going into business, it's just one thing u can't get! Failing that we need a pork pie recepie so I can have a go a making my own, especially as a special treat for christmas.

This post is making me hungry!

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.