Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commuting times to CBD from West Melbourne

Commuting times to CBD from West Melbourne

Old May 8th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of
Default Commuting times to CBD from West Melbourne

Hi Folks

Could those of you living in the Western suburbs of Melbourne give me an idea of how long it takes you to commute door-to-door to the CBD, either by train, bus or driving.

Were looking at renting in one of the following suburbs Points Cook, Sanctuary Lakes, Hoppers Crossing or Altona Meadows.

Cheers
G
Old May 8th 2008, 10:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting times to CBD from West Melbourne

Don't live there myself but from others experiences I would say around 45 mins each way from most of those.

Buzzy
Old May 8th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting times to CBD from West Melbourne

we live near Williamstown road on ramp (direct onto Westgate) and to get to SOuth Melbourne it takes m between 15 mins and 30 mins. Getting into the city would add at least 15mins...depends where in city you need to get to.

My mate lives in Point Cook- if she leaves later than 6.30am the trip to just beyond CBD takes 1hr...leaving before 6.30 am takes her 30 mins.

Trains from PC and Altona Meadows use Laverton train station...about 40 mins to CBD and huge free carpark at the station.

Last week we found out that from 18th May, an on- and an off- ramp on the Westgate freeway (Montague st and Citylink I think) will be closed for 18 months....so it is anyone's guess how much worse this will make the travel time, but officials state an extra 10 mins. I am guessing an extra 20-30mins.