Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commuting question? Brisbane to Gold Coast

Wikiposts

Commuting question? Brisbane to Gold Coast

Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:08 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commuting question? Brisbane to Gold Coast

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could answer my wee question. There is a slim chance of a job in Oz based in Southport, Gold Coast. We fancy living in Brisbane and was wondering if anyone had any idea of what's it like to commute between the two?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:33 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting question? Brisbane to Gold Coast

It takes about an hour to drive between the GC and Brisbane in free flowing traffic so you'd need to allow longer during rush hour.
Somebody living on the GC might be able to let you know if there are any train services between the two though.
Julie
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:37 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
It takes about an hour to drive between the GC and Brisbane in free flowing traffic so you'd need to allow longer during rush hour.
Somebody living on the GC might be able to let you know if there are any train services between the two though.
Julie
Nearest train station to Southport is Helensvale which takes about an hour from Brisbane. Wouldn't recommend it though as you then have to get a 45 min bus to Southport.

It takes about an hour to drive although this depends where in Brissy you live.

It's pretty unusual to do what your doing as alot of people commute the other way. If you can find a job on the Gold Coast then you'll easily find one (probably better paid in Brisbane) otherwise if you really wanna work in Southport have a look around the Gold Coast as it's a great place to live.

Paul.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could answer my wee question. There is a slim chance of a job in Oz based in Southport, Gold Coast. We fancy living in Brisbane and was wondering if anyone had any idea of what's it like to commute between the two?

Cheers

Ginny
I would agree with the journey taking about an hour, and I would have thought that at rush hour you wouldn't get held up too much as the main flow of traffic would be going into Brisbane. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

Amanda