Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commuting to Brisbane from Gold or Sunshine Coast

Commuting to Brisbane from Gold or Sunshine Coast

Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:57 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Carrianne
Yes sorry dollars it was. x

Phew!!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Commuting to Brisbane from Gold or Sunshine Coast

Just to let you know also. I go into town in rush hour so it is only 1 and a half hours, i have alos driven in and it took the same time, now the roadworks are no more.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrianne,

Hope you don't mind but just did a search to see if anyone else was commuting from Sunshine Coast to Central and your name has come up. I am living in Woombye and am also considering a drive to Caboolture and taking the train to Central for work but would be interested to know how many k's you are from Caboolture whereis states that I am 53 K's away and it would take me over an hour by car to get there I wondered if that were true, sometimes whereis has a tendancy to over exagerate on journey times Any advice will be gratefully received from a seasoned commuter.

Lori
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I've not done the commute from GC to CBD but in the paper last year they described the journey as like "The Bombay Express" in a big article about the conditions that people had to endure as the line is at saturation point in the rush hour.

Problem is it's a single track from Helensville (or their abouts) and they cannot increase the frequency of trains because of it. Also heard they were going to double track it but not heard anymore.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Lori,

For me from Caloundra it is 104ks in total and it takes me 1/2 hour in the morning to get there. So 52ks

Hope this helps