Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commute time from Hills to St Leonards (Sydney)?

Commute time from Hills to St Leonards (Sydney)?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:34 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commute time from Hills to St Leonards (Sydney)?

Hi all,

Does anybody have first hand experience of commuting by car/bike from the hills area (say, west pennant) to St Leonards? Currently looking at options of where to buy and we really want more space than we could afford where we currently rent. Takes me 45 minutes at the moment so anything close to this would make me a happy bunny.

Also - does anyone have experience of public transport for this route? From my brief investigations it appears most buses etc skip north Sydney etc and head straight to Wynyard...

Cheers,

Graham
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:40 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commute time from Hills to St Leonards (Sydney)?

Originally Posted by northerner
Hi all,

Does anybody have first hand experience of commuting by car/bike from the hills area (say, west pennant) to St Leonards? Currently looking at options of where to buy and we really want more space than we could afford where we currently rent. Takes me 45 minutes at the moment so anything close to this would make me a happy bunny.

Also - does anyone have experience of public transport for this route? From my brief investigations it appears most buses etc skip north Sydney etc and head straight to Wynyard...

Cheers,

Graham
cant help.. but beaut photography.. what camera do you use?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:04 am

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
cant help.. but beaut photography.. what camera do you use?
Ha! Thanks. Most of the shots are taken with the Canon 350D but I've just taken delivery of the 40D so some of them may be from that (although not many at this stage!).

Cheers,

Graham
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:34 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Hi all,

Cheers,

Graham
I do not have first hand experience of travelling the route you want to know about. But from St Ives I have regularly driven to train stations parked up and taken the train down to chatswood and North Sydney. Used ot do the trip from Hornsby as well.

Would you consider taken the bike to a stop along the Hornsby -> St Leonards train route an travelling in from there. I know the Gordon stop has specific trains that start from there and that means if I am there for 8.10 train I can always have a seat down to North Sydney.

Hornsby is a bit further on the train but plenty of trains in the morning for this commute. And cost wise for weekly tickets is pretty reasonable. There area lot of options for housing in and around Hornsby etc.

Hope you get on well in your search.

Regards
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sandra
I do not have first hand experience of travelling the route you want to know about. But from St Ives I have regularly driven to train stations parked up and taken the train down to chatswood and North Sydney. Used ot do the trip from Hornsby as well.

Would you consider taken the bike to a stop along the Hornsby -> St Leonards train route an travelling in from there. I know the Gordon stop has specific trains that start from there and that means if I am there for 8.10 train I can always have a seat down to North Sydney.

Hornsby is a bit further on the train but plenty of trains in the morning for this commute. And cost wise for weekly tickets is pretty reasonable. There area lot of options for housing in and around Hornsby etc.

Hope you get on well in your search.

Regards
Thanks for that - might have a look at the cycling/train option. Just started cycling from Balmain at the moment - although it's a tough ride! Wife works in Parramatta but will definitely drive so that whole area is a possibility.

Anyone else got experience of this route??

Graham