Reload this Page >

Community Staff Nurses

Community Staff Nurses

Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

julesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Community Staff Nurses

Hiya all

Ive been qualifed for 6 months now and I am aware you need 12+ experience before emigrating to Oz.

To all the nurses out there at present......

Is there any call/jobs for community staff nurses or do I need to change my job to theatre/surgical/medical/critical nurse in order to gain employment?

Thanks

jules
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Pootle_74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Community Staff Nurses

Hey Jules,

Like you I am also 6 months post reg - I have a job lined up to start August this year on a 'graduate program' - which means I get with it sponsored perm res visa application (could have gone 457 instead) and this means its a bit like your placements - i.e I can choose either 4 x 3 month placements (2 med / 2 surg) or 2 x 6 month placements - (1 each) so my intention (as I am also a comm nurse at the mo) is to do 4 and get as much experience in areas I didnt have opportunity to do whilst doing my degree then choose an area for long term.

Hope this helps, you don't need to have the 2yrs post reg - but downside is you are tied to employer (3 years for me) if you want to be totally independent then get your 2yrs post reg experience and apply for independent visa and go anywhere you want....swings and roundabouts. I just wanna get out there!

Hope this helps.

Poot.