Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Community nurse phone interview!!!

Community nurse phone interview!!!

Old Oct 9th 2011, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all
Default Community nurse phone interview!!!

Hi all,

I have an interview on friday via phone for a community health nurse post! 2nd time lucky via the application!. If i am succsessfull i get into the pool of jobs in WA.

I am so scared as want this so much!. I am just unsure what they are going to quiz me on, and if they will expect me to know all Aussie policies etc in health??.

If anyone can help that will be great.
Thanks
Rach
Old Oct 9th 2011, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Default Re: Community nurse phone interview!!!

mental health or adult?

have edited as your profile answers this. i had a telephone interview recently and am pleased to say that i was successful. they emailed me the questions, 20 mins before interview. nothing too taxing. lots of scenarios etc. the only problem with telephone is you cant see non verbal responses so its difficult to know when to give more or less.

they did seem to expect me to have a working knowledge of national and local legislation however you would need to know what policies and drivers are out there to show that youve done your homework and also to back your arguements/answers. it will give you brownie points if you can throw in a policy, standard etc here and there.

good luck

Last edited by wattsbug; Oct 9th 2011 at 8:13 am.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

Not really got any advice as I haven't done any oz interviews yet, just wanted to say good luck, and can you let me know what you are asked!!

I always find it helpful to have the job description and person spec down loaded, so you can keep throwing in ways that you fit these.

There is also the nursing post in wa that you can subscribe to for free online that has current news and articles. May be of some use??

Good luck!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wattsbug
mental health or adult?

have edited as your profile answers this. i had a telephone interview recently and am pleased to say that i was successful. they emailed me the questions, 20 mins before interview. nothing too taxing. lots of scenarios etc. the only problem with telephone is you cant see non verbal responses so its difficult to know when to give more or less.

they did seem to expect me to have a working knowledge of national and local legislation however you would need to know what policies and drivers are out there to show that youve done your homework and also to back your arguements/answers. it will give you brownie points if you can throw in a policy, standard etc here and there.

good luck
my post should have read they DIDNT seem to want me to have a working knowledge of policies, legislation etc but know what is out and about
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shackybracky
Hi all,

I have an interview on friday via phone for a community health nurse post! 2nd time lucky via the application!. If i am succsessfull i get into the pool of jobs in WA.

I am so scared as want this so much!. I am just unsure what they are going to quiz me on, and if they will expect me to know all Aussie policies etc in health??.

If anyone can help that will be great.
Thanks
Rach
I'm doing a course on community nursing in Australia right now (supposed to be working on my final paper for the semester but procrastinating as usual). If you PM me your email address I'll forward on the Australia-specific info I've got.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

O guys thanks so much. Wattsbug, thats good to know that they didnt expect that of you, but yea i thought if i can mention something surely its gotta help. Are you mental health?, so 20 mins before, wow, that feels pressured!. I see your 176 got granted pretty quick!, we have just found out that our 175 could take 18 months! grrrrr. .

Holly, i thought you were going on a 175, but youre on 176? How was the trip in September, useful?. xx
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

O guys thanks so much. Wattsbug, thats good to know that they didnt expect that of you, but yea i thought if i can mention something surely its gotta help. Are you mental health?, so 20 mins before, wow, that feels pressured!. I see your 176 got granted pretty quick!, we have just found out that our 175 could take 18 months! grrrrr. .

Holly, i thought you were going on a 175, but youre on 176? How was the trip in September, useful?. xx
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

Hey, was going to do 175, but after our trip to perth couldn't afford to pay for visa straight away and didn't want to waste any more time, so decided to do state sponsorship application so that at least we were moving forward, but it ended up only taking 3 days to get that, so didn't buy us much time! Enough to get next wage through, and hopefully will make application go thru bit quicker! Can't wait to get out there now I've had taste of it. Don't think the 175 will take 18 months for nurses, I've seen them going thru much quicker, so don't worry!

Let us know how it goes! X
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

is the 176 a lot cheaper than 175, i thought they were similar price?, and does the state sponsorship allow u to work in community or hospital?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

is the 176 a lot cheaper than 175, i thought they were similar price?, and does the state sponsorship allow u to work in community or hospital?
They are same price and is exactly same as 175 except you have a moral obligation to stay in the state you applied for, for 2 years. They get processed quicker because they are in 3 rd priority group as oppose to the 175 which is in 4th. We knew we wanted to be in wa, so this wasn't an issue for us.

We just thought that the state sponsorship would take couple of months and would allow us bit longer to save for visa fee, and not add on any more time on to wait for visa, that was the main thought behind it tbh. We found the money anyway, and now hopefully won't have long to wait! Just sold our house too! So its all happening!
Old Oct 10th 2011, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Good for you , i wish we had done State sponsorship now!. Im dreading the prospect of having to wait around for 18 months here!, but hopefully as you say it will happen quicker. One girl on here had hers done in 7 months and that was recently, so there is hope. Yea were pretty keen on WA too, which areas are you looking at?.

Good news on the house, are you going to have to live with parents or something until you go then???, were renting ours out, i just hope that bit goes smoothly .

Rach
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

well, it went ok i think!!

It was well stressful at first as the phone wouldnt work, and then i couldnt focus as i could hear my voice after i had spoken!, but we got it sorted, and all went not to badly i think. I made them laugh a couple of times so hopefully thats a good thing!. They said it may take up to 6/52 though for me to hear .