Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Communication from Eastern Creek Quarantine?

Communication from Eastern Creek Quarantine?

Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Communication from Eastern Creek Quarantine?

Hi

How have people found the communication from Eastern Creek Quarantine, Sydney??

After hassle with getting our dog over to Oz due to failing first Leptospirosis vaccine, and having vets who messed the paperwork up, he (Storm) finally arrived in Sydney.

Jen phoned a week ago to see how he was, only to be told "he is lonely"..with no further explanation....then today I received a message asking to phone them and they said he "he isn't coping too well without exercise, he may benefit from a dog walker". We didn't even know dog walkers were available and 2 and a half weeks into his quarantine we are told this!! We assume there will be a large chrage for dog walking and they don't walk them if it is wet!! We assumed that quarantine meant the dogs wee kept apart and wouldn't be exercised and we were never told otherwise!

We have tried calling back and keep getting the answerphone.

Has anyone had dog walkers arranged for them and was it worth it??? If he only got a few 10 minute walks he may as well have none! It is the hardest thing not being able to visit your dog to know he is o.k...

I will do my CAIRNS update this week now that I can upload photos and my laptop working again!!! Promise......3 months in Cairns now and still love it!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future
Default Re: Communication from Eastern Creek Quarantine?

Hi - I am sure (and hope!) that this is all a distant memory for you now but if you hear of someone else going through this ............... I had the same issue last November with my dog Baggy. I was so worried about him not being exercised and generally loved that, when I arrived and was a bit more established, I set up my company Dog Walks Pty Ltd (link below) to exercise and visit dogs during the quarantine period covering all 3 quarantine stations.

I hope you are now enjoying life in Australia. I know we are!