Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne

Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne

Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:05 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne

Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne - by all means abuse the Commonwealth bank for the funds transfer bit but if you are moving to Melbourne don't even waste your time with the idiots when setting up your accounts. They would strive to reach a service level that we would consider incompetence. Although the lass from glasgow knew what she was on about she spent an age trying to repair the mess that one of her colleagues made of our accounts. And we are not the only ones......... BE WARNED.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne

Interesting. My wife and I had the complete opposite experience at Commonwealth Bank Melbourne. They set up our accounts, ordered credit cards, explained a lot of things to us and all in all did everything we expected of them in an efficient and friendly manner, and still do. You have to watch their charges though. I worked in retail banking for 28 years in uk so I was ready to be extra critical but everything ok.
Roger
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:34 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Commonwleath Bank & Melbourne - by all means abuse the Commonwealth bank for the funds transfer bit but if you are moving to Melbourne don't even waste your time with the idiots when setting up your accounts. They would strive to reach a service level that we would consider incompetence. Although the lass from glasgow knew what she was on about she spent an age trying to repair the mess that one of her colleagues made of our accounts. And we are not the only ones......... BE WARNED.
We have had some problems with them in Perth but nothing too bad. They created my wife as Mr and me as Mrs and spelled her name wrong. They automatically put our money in a high interest investment account but didn't tell us it costs 50c per transaction (several per day) so we had to open a Streamline account and an internet banking saver account. Closing that account was a problem as interest was accrued on it and a DD kept trying to be presented.

Also you can queue for 10 minutes to see someone with a query.

BUT - you queue for everything here so I imagine other banks are the same. Whenever we have raised issues with them they are really helpful, take us into an office and sort things out. No worries!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:37 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Ditto, bungling half-wits