Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commonwealth Bank - the best exchange rate?

Commonwealth Bank - the best exchange rate?

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commonwealth Bank - the best exchange rate?

I have just had an email from the Commonwealth Bank to say the current exchange rate is 2.4250. At the time of the email, the interbank rate was at 2.4417 (it’s actually improved since ).

I know no one is going to give me the interbank rate but does anyone think I can get a better deal from the likes of Halewood?
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commonwealth Bank - the best exchange rate?

Originally posted by Thomaz
I have just had an email from the Commonwealth Bank to say the current exchange rate is 2.4250. At the time of the email, the interbank rate was at 2.4417 (it’s actually improved since ).

I know no one is going to give me the interbank rate but does anyone think I can get a better deal from the likes of Halewood?
Here is the interbank rate (from Halewood). A phone call to a dealer would tell you what rate you can get from them to compare with CBA but you need to set up an account first which is comparatively easy:

http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/quotes.asp

OzTennis
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:14 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Commonwealth Bank - the best exchange rate?

Originally posted by Thomaz

I made the mistake of changing ours last night for 2.41.

Say the interbank rate is at 2.42 Halewood will give you 2.41 depending on the amount you are changing of course!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

is Halewood the same as HIFX?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:57 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Sunny spells
is Halewood the same as HIFX?

yeah it is....... 2.66$ at the mo

love boomie
xx
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:00 pm
mickj

Hello you naughty one

Originally posted by Boomie
yeah it is....... 2.66$ at the mo

love boomie
xx

Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:02 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mickj
Hello you naughty one

mmmmm ..... lol

have we met?

bit like a cake........ norty but nice....

love boom
xx xx
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:05 pm
mickj

Don't you remember

Originally posted by Boomie
mmmmm ..... lol

have we met?

bit like a cake........ norty but nice....

love boom
xx xx

Last edited by mickj; Jun 4th 2004 at 5:08 pm.

Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:14 pm

Default Thanks!

Ok who dragged this thread up just to remind me we have missed out on the equivalent of one very nice 4x4!!!

..and on a Friday..heartless people..LOL

Max x
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:23 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Ok who dragged this thread up just to remind me we have missed out on the equivalent of one very nice 4x4!!!

Max x
Ah, but think how much less damage you're doing the environment by *not* having it - think of yourself as one who cares for the planet...

Anya.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:13 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
Ah, but think how much less damage you're doing the environment by *not* having it - think of yourself as one who cares for the planet...
Depends what they got instead. Might have bought a few patio heaters for example. Or just a horrible cheap old inefficent 2CV (ok not actually that, probably not many of them about in Oz, but you know what I mean!)
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:27 pm

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Depends what they got instead. Might have bought a few patio heaters for example. Or just a horrible cheap old inefficent 2CV (ok not actually that, probably not many of them about in Oz, but you know what I mean!)
LOL - I DON'T THINK SO!

Actually I was aving a laugh - Ed's got a good car allowance for something bigger so I am considering being a little greener with my choice now!

x