CBA Crushes customer over $65 bank fee

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:23 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Commonwealth Bank

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
See this story !!

CBA Crushes customer over $65 bank fee

I have just applied to open an account with this lot... ... perhaps I should think again........are all banks in Oz so hard ??
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:23 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Avery Family
I have just applied to open an account with this lot... ... perhaps I should think again........are all banks in Oz so hard ??
Don't do it. Commonwealth bank = legalised robbery.

I was doing my accounts the other day and discovered I'm paying $50 a month in charges for an account in credit.

It's only taken me a year to work this out but I've just opened an HSBC account which charges far less.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by renth

I was doing my accounts the other day and discovered I'm paying $50 a month in charges for an account in credit.

It's only taken me a year to work this out but I've just opened an HSBC account which charges far less.
HSBC is much better.
Just use the Post Office for any over the counter deposits, as there are very few branches.

I also like St George Bank, popular in NSW, but not many branches around in QLD

Bank of Queensland rates very well up here.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be going HSBC from Westpac. I now have a virgin CC so I will also be ditching the $35 a year fee for the Westpac visa.

I read that story about the $65. In the UK there is a banking ombudsman that mediates such disputes.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:38 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth

Does anybody have any info on Perth based Banks, if so are they better than the Commonwealth? I understand that HSBC are also there, but as mentioned in this post have few branches... are there any other options?
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have any info on Perth based Banks, if so are they better than the Commonwealth? I understand that HSBC are also there, but as mentioned in this post have few branches... are there any other options?
Yeah, I've never seen anyone mention Bankwest??
One of my friends banks with them, and my parents did when in WA.

From research I've been doing, HSBC look good. I was wary at first, cos I've NEVER heard of them (don't really have them here in Holland), but seeing as we will be using internet a lot, and I'm not used to cheques anyway, HSBC look good.

In the beginning we will be living near Perth CBD anyway, so one branch there, and one in Garden City shopping centre (forgot which suburb), we'll be right!
And to save hassles, we'll just wait with opening it till we get there!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Simone82
Yeah, I've never seen anyone mention Bankwest??
One of my friends banks with them, and my parents did when in WA.

From research I've been doing, HSBC look good. I was wary at first, cos I've NEVER heard of them (don't really have them here in Holland), but seeing as we will be using internet a lot, and I'm not used to cheques anyway, HSBC look good.

In the beginning we will be living near Perth CBD anyway, so one branch there, and one in Garden City shopping centre (forgot which suburb), we'll be right!
And to save hassles, we'll just wait with opening it till we get there!
Simone,
Have you heard of the MIDLAND Bank in UK ? They changed name and became HSBC.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:13 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Simone,
Have you heard of the MIDLAND Bank in UK ? They changed name and became HSBC.
Nope, I'm not in UK

Heard of Midlands though, suburb of Perth
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have opened the HSBC account, you can use the post office to pay cheques in. However the Aussie banking system is very different to the uk's and the way you deal with your money becomes very different.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:20 am
ABCDiamond

Nope, I'm not in UK

Heard of Midlands though, suburb of Perth
And if you go west from your place you could get to "West Midlands"

Have you ever been to UK ? I've been to the Netherlands, my Dad lives there.

My daughter came home yesterday from School, and told me that Peter Pan lives near Grandad. I was puzzled for a while till I realised that Peter Pan was from Neverlands !!

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

And if you go west from your place you could get to "West Midlands"

Have you ever been to UK ? I've been to the Netherlands, my Dad lives there.

My daughter came home yesterday from School, and told me that Peter Pan lives near Grandad. I was puzzled for a while till I realised that Peter Pan was from Neverlands !!
lol!

Only been to London twice. Once in 97, a 4 day school trip, and once 02 with bfriend on a weekend.
I really prefer it to a city like Paris. Firstly cos of the language, I stink at French, and secondly cos I feel more connected to it because of Australia. But twice is enough (even though of course I haven't seen everything yet)

Overall I prefer country areas more though. I would love to visit Scotland/Wales. But till now, on summer holidays, price and warm weather have won, so we went to Belgium/France....

How long has you father lived here? What part?
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:40 am
ABCDiamond

lol!

Only been to London twice. Once in 97, a 4 day school trip, and once 02 with bfriend on a weekend.
I really prefer it to a city like Paris. Firstly cos of the language, I stink at French, and secondly cos I feel more connected to it because of Australia. But twice is enough (even though of course I haven't seen everything yet)

Overall I prefer country areas more though. I would love to visit Scotland/Wales. But till now, on summer holidays, price and warm weather have won, so we went to Belgium/France....

How long has you father lived here? What part?
Hoensbroek, down south. He married a Dutch lady 25 years ago, and moved to Netherlands about 15 years ago.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:41 am
joem

HSBC, in the Netherlands, since 1999

http://www.hsbc.com/hsbc/about_hsbc/...pe/netherlands

joem

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:52 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya ABCDiamond,

I think I'll onpen a HSBC account.
You can do it on line with the Oz HSBC web site.

It just goes to show how the big company's can crush you.
He should have paid the $65 and then taken them to court!!!!!

Bye
Markeh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.