common

Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default common

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what is the most common car on the road in Australia.
The reason i am asking is when we come over we want to buy a second hand car with the cheapest parts to buy if repairs are needing done as it can be quite pricey

Beth
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:22 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: common

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi all

The reason i am asking is when we come over we want to buy a second hand car with the cheapest parts to buy if repairs are needing done as it can be quite pricey

Beth
Holden is probably the most common make over here followed by Ford and Toyota. Try looking at Red Book http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ which details new and used cars for sale. You will be able to get an idea from there of the more common cars over here.

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Beth
I think I read somewhere that it's the Toyota Corolla. Even if it's not, Toyota is one of the most reliable manufacturers around. Avoid the American manufacturers, Holden & Ford.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:48 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think I read somewhere that it's the Toyota Corolla. Even if it's not, Toyota is one of the most reliable manufacturers around. Avoid the American manufacturers, Holden & Ford.

Ford manufacture in Australia and have done since 1925 http://www.ford.com.au/about/heritage/ Holden also manufacture in Australia http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...anyprofile.jsp
Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We're just back from Perth and it seemed like every second car on the road there was a Subaru Forrester, closely followed by Toyota Landcruisers
TJ
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
We're just back from Perth and it seemed like every second car on the road there was a Subaru Forrester, closely followed by Toyota Landcruisers
TJ
Hi

Thanks i think they are a wee bit out of my price range

Beth (Kilsyth near Falkirk)
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:40 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Hi all

Beth
Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon, Mitsubishi Magna, Toyota Camry. All built in Australia and there are loads on the road. Of all of them the Camry is probably the best bet as it comes in a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder.