Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commission charged by renting agents

Commission charged by renting agents

Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:07 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Default Commission charged by renting agents

Hi all

Using hubby's login (again!)...

Does anyone know how much commission is charged by rental agents, i.e. what percentage do they take from the rent you pay? I am thinking about Sydney agents.

It's just that my brother wants us to pay a certain amount which is actually his mortgage payment and if we don't then he is going to let his place out using an agent. We need to be in a position where we can say that the agent will take so much of the rent, and the tenants can ruin your property (or not look after it like we would) and that they would not have to store their belongings thereby saving money etc.

Thanks.

Jin
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:10 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Commission charged by renting agents

Also, do you know how you go about renting a property from the UK (bearing in mind that you have not seen it)?

Thanks.

Jin
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:13 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commission charged by renting agents

Originally Posted by Kernow1
Hi all

Using hubby's login (again!)...

Does anyone know how much commission is charged by rental agents, i.e. what percentage do they take from the rent you pay? I am thinking about Sydney agents.

It's just that my brother wants us to pay a certain amount which is actually his mortgage payment and if we don't then he is going to let his place out using an agent. We need to be in a position where we can say that the agent will take so much of the rent, and the tenants can ruin your property (or not look after it like we would) and that they would not have to store their belongings thereby saving money etc.

Thanks.

Jin

7% of Gross rental

Letting fee depends on agent but say 2 weeks is well known figure.