Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Comments on Pacific Pines for Settling in Teenagers!!!!

Comments on Pacific Pines for Settling in Teenagers!!!!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice
Default Comments on Pacific Pines for Settling in Teenagers!!!!

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help.

We arrived on the Gold Coast last week with three sons ages 18, 15 and 13.

The two older ones are giving us a hard time and we want them to settle and make friends as soon as possible. The older one has just left college back in the UK and is "so unhappy" he wants to go home as soon as possible so we need to get him meeting up with others to change his mind maybe.

The 15 year old is okay and would love to join a football team - is there one on Pacific Pines.

Any help would be greatfully accepted - we really do need to get the kids settled.

Also any comments on the school would be good - back in the UK the younger two were in years 9 and 10.

Thanks everyone

Jackie x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Comments on Pacific Pines for Settling in Teenagers!!!!

I've heard PP is full of teenagers so I'm sure that someone will be on soon to help you!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noofie
Hi,

The two older ones are giving us a hard time and we want them to settle and make friends as soon as possible. The older one has just left college back in the UK and is "so unhappy" he wants to go home as soon as possible so we need to get him meeting up with others to change his mind maybe.

The 15 year old is okay and would love to join a football team - is there one on Pacific Pines.

Any help would be greatfully accepted - we really do need to get the kids settled.

Also any comments on the school would be good - back in the UK the younger two were in years 9 and 10.

Thanks everyone

Jackie x
Hi Jackie

hope you are enjoying it and the boys are starting to settle.

we have been looking at pacific pines too and from what i have read on here it looks like its a fab place for kids and teenagers and the school has good reports aswell.

i think both donovan and soapy live on pacific pines and im sure they have loads of information about different things. Donovan (sarah) has 3 boys so she may be able to help with the football side.

is this any good http://www.goldcoastsoccer.com.au/ i think there is another one but i cant find it.

keep in touch and take care

cheryl
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Hiya Jackie

As Cheryl said we live on Pacific Pines with our 3 boys, age 13/10 & 4, we have been here since Aug 07 and love it.
I have just relocated a family 2 weeks ago to PP and they have a son age 16 who I am sure would love to meet with your 2 sons, your 13 year old is more than welcome to come see my son Josh who is also 13.
Pacific Pines Primary & High school are both great school, I am sure your kids will settle really well.
Anyway if you fancy a coffee & chin wag or would like me to introduce you to Lewis (16) yr old feel free to pm me

Sarah x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

SoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really niceSoapysBairn is just really nice

Originally Posted by noofie
Hi,

Thanks everyone

Jackie x
i spoke to your lad last night and hes a lovely lad. just the same hang ups about aus as the rest when they first arrive. he was a bit shy because everyone around him was new, but im sure he will come out his shell by the next time i speak to him.
it takes time and he has plenty of that lol
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

OOPS THAT LAST POST WAS ME
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DONOVAN
Hiya Jackie

As Cheryl said we live on Pacific Pines with our 3 boys, age 13/10 & 4, we have been here since Aug 07 and love it.
I have just relocated a family 2 weeks ago to PP and they have a son age 16 who I am sure would love to meet with your 2 sons, your 13 year old is more than welcome to come see my son Josh who is also 13.
Pacific Pines Primary & High school are both great school, I am sure your kids will settle really well.
Anyway if you fancy a coffee & chin wag or would like me to introduce you to Lewis (16) yr old feel free to pm me

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,

What do you mean when you say that you relocated a family to Pacific Pines? Thats where are plan to settle if our bloody house ever sells

Helena x