Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

coming to a town near you soon!

coming to a town near you soon!

Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Demi-god

mandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant future
Smile coming to a town near you soon!

Hi there,

First time writing a new thread so please be gentle.

Flying out to Perth end Jan/Beg Feb 2008 on a 457 sponsered visa with my hubby and 7yr old daughter. Am terrified at the thought of leaving everything I know but am also excited at the thought of an adventure and new life. I am a registered Nurse and have secured a job as a theatre nurse at the "mount hospital" perth near Kings Park and wondered if there was anyone else or any other families moving to Perth at this time in the same boat. Any details on meet ups in the area at this time would be very much appreciated as we are a friendly family and would like to meet other people in the area as soon as possible. Also any information on the Mount Hospital would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, The Gee Family
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Re: coming to a town near you soon!

Originally Posted by mandygee
Hi there,

Flying out to Perth end Jan/Beg Feb 2008 on a 457 sponsered visa with my hubby and 7yr old daughter. Am terrified at the thought of leaving everything I know but am also excited at the thought of an adventure and new life. I am a registered Nurse and have secured a job as a theatre nurse at the "mount hospital" perth near Kings Park and wondered if there was anyone else or any other families moving to Perth at this time in the same boat. Any details on meet ups in the area at this time would be very much appreciated as we are a friendly family and would like to meet other people in the area as soon as possible. Also any information on the Mount Hospital would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, The Gee Family
Hi congrats on the 457. We are also going to Perth (well 20 minutes south) hopefully just before Christmas. We have a 3yr old son and are scared but also so excited and want to go now!
Sorry cant help about the hospital but im sure there will be someone on here that will.

Becky
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:12 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Regards, The Gee Family
hello, i cant help with any of your questions, just wanted to welcome you to expats. oh, the other thing is that if you fancy meeting up with people, go into the "meets in australia" and post a thread asking to meet people, you'll get a good response in there.
good luck
bec
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:19 pm
Demi-god

mandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant futuremandygee has a brilliant future

Hi Becky
Thanks for the quick reply! Glad there are other brits as scared as we are!! Had our medicals on 20/11/2007 and once they are finalised the visa will be approved but I believe there is delay on processing the medicals in aus. Dont know which area we will be staying in yet when we arrive as the nursing agency are arranging this for us, this in itself is stressing me out!! You only live once though and my cousin lived in Perth for 3 years and told me it is brilliant and just to forget any doubts and just go!! Good luck to you!
Mandy Gee
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Hi Becky
Thanks for the quick reply! Glad there are other brits as scared as we are!! Had our medicals on 20/11/2007 and once they are finalised the visa will be approved but I believe there is delay on processing the medicals in aus. Dont know which area we will be staying in yet when we arrive as the nursing agency are arranging this for us, this in itself is stressing me out!! You only live once though and my cousin lived in Perth for 3 years and told me it is brilliant and just to forget any doubts and just go!! Good luck to you!
Mandy Gee
Hi Mandy,

We are just waiting for the Visa now. The meds were finalised on 13/11 so just waiting and its starting to make me feel ill, the headaches and stress of everything, but it will be worth it.

I think i would rather have gone than live to regret it in years to come sitting in the same coffee shop having the same conversations with the same people (nothing wrong with the people i go for coffee with) I just need some change and a challenge. Our son will (hopefully) have a better childhood out there and thats what is also driving us.

Good luck with it all.

Becky