Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The coming South Australian boom.

The coming South Australian boom.

Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:01 am
Just Joined

boomtime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The coming South Australian boom.

Hello to all Brits coming to Australia (or already here for that matter),

I'm starting to get excited. Forget Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and even the boom in Perth. These places have had their run. I believe what we will witness in the next two decades in good old South Australia will dwarf any of these.

Here's what Brad Crouch of the Sunday Mail had to say:

the link: http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Of course do your own research, find out what you can about this story and everything that goes with it. There is more about the China/Australia uranium contracts online.

This is news that hasn't even started sinking in over here.

Good Luck to all of you.

Last edited by boomtime; Mar 15th 2006 at 12:04 am.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:07 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: The coming South Australian boom.

Originally Posted by boomtime
Here's what Brad Crouch of the Sunday Mail had to say:

the link: http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html
Your url doesn't work, it gets shortened by the parser on here.
Try this...
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

So who are you boomtime? Is this a one off post?

Last edited by gedge; Mar 15th 2006 at 12:07 am. Reason: I see you've fixed it already ;-)
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Gedge,

well now I'm a two-off poster. lol

I'm a south australian resident and investor. I own real estate here and also a multitude of uranium shares. That is the only time I am going to post that article, but there are others online that will support that article. I am just giving a heads up to anybody that is interested.

In life, great opportunities come along only so often and you either research them and act on them or you don't (never do anything without proper research). It is entirely up to you.

I hope that answers your question. I would be happy to answer any others if I can. Good luck to you in Australia.

cheers

Originally Posted by gedge
Your url doesn't work, it gets shortened by the parser on here.
Try this...
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

So who are you boomtime? Is this a one off post?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:33 am

Hi Gedge,

well now I'm a two-off poster. lol

I'm a south australian resident and investor. I own real estate here and also a multitude of uranium shares. That is the only time I am going to post that article, but there are others online that will support that article. I am just giving a heads up to anybody that is interested.

In life, great opportunities come along only so often and you either research them and act on them or you don't (never do anything without proper research). It is entirely up to you.

I hope that answers your question. I would be happy to answer any others if I can. Good luck to you in Australia.

cheers
Hi again

It certainly looks like it'll have a big impact on the state and country in general. Lets hope that all the positives outweigh the negatives for all who may be affected by it.
I'm not in the mining industry, unless it involves data. Good luck with the opportunities it may afford you.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:19 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The hardest thing will be getting people to go and live there we are forever moving people out of Roxby,because they cant stand the isolation,it is a place not for the light hearted but for a young couple starting out, 10 yrs would set you up for life......................... mm
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Yes that's right, Roxby is not a great place to live, but that is if you plan to work directly on the mine (for the chosen few). Indirectly, the impact of this will be far-reaching, real estate, service industries, retail etc will all benefit greatly.
Originally Posted by mr mover
The hardest thing will be getting people to go and live there we are forever moving people out of Roxby,because they cant stand the isolation,it is a place not for the light hearted but for a young couple starting out, 10 yrs would set you up for life......................... mm
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's right, Roxby is not a great place to live, but that is if you plan to work directly on the mine (for the chosen few). Indirectly, the impact of this will be far-reaching, real estate, service industries, retail etc will all benefit greatly.

So what sets Roxby apart from the many mining towns in QLD and WA people can already go to and get paid X times more $ for the inconvenience (politely worded there) of living there. ?? Ta
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Of course let's not worry about the environmental impact of a boom in SA.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Nothing, but this is not about Roxby Downs, it is about the economic benefits this will bring to the whole of South Australia and the opportunity for many to get in on the ground floor. With other states people are getting in three quarters of the way through the boom.. Keep your eyes open and ears to the ground over the next six months.

cheers and of course do your own research.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
So what sets Roxby apart from the many mining towns in QLD and WA people can already go to and get paid X times more $ for the inconvenience (politely worded there) of living there. ?? Ta
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:48 am
Just Joined

such as?

Originally Posted by dshole
Of course let's not worry about the environmental impact of a boom in SA.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

such as?
How about a distinct lack of water? Or the continued rape of the land for resources.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:56 am
Just Joined

I don't really want to get into a head to head here on the ethics of mining Dshole, but you really need to do your research on the area in question as I stated previously. Progress is progress and Australia, particularly uranium ore producing states/territories such as SA and NT have extremely tight regulations and environmental policies.

cheers

How about a distinct lack of water? Or the continued rape of the land for resources.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

I don't really want to get into a head to head here on the ethics of mining Dshole, but you really need to do your research on the area in question as I stated previously. Progress is progress and Australia, particularly uranium ore producing states/territories such as SA and NT have extremely tight regulations and environmental policies.

cheers
There are no complaints from me about the uranium mining, in fact I think that fission should be more seriously investigated in Australia as an alternative to coal.

The core issue is that Australia in the grips of a major drought, SA is critically short of water as it is; And a economic boom may only serve to make the situation worse due to the population boom that will go with it.

I agree that progress is progess, but all things need to be considered.
The trouble is, the Australian government has little regard for environmental issues/impacts and thinks far to along the economic lines.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:20 am

The core issue is that Australia in the grips of a major drought, SA is critically short of water as it is; And a economic boom may only serve to make the situation worse due to the population boom that will go with it.

The trouble is, the Australian government has little regard for environmental issues/impacts and thinks far to along the economic lines.
That's the kind of thing I was hinting at.
Originally Posted by gedge
It certainly looks like it'll have a big impact on the state and country in general. Lets hope that all the positives outweigh the negatives for all who may be affected by it.
Too often these down sides are overlooked by those seeking economic gain.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:38 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

There are no complaints from me about the uranium mining, in fact I think that fission should be more seriously investigated in Australia as an alternative to coal.

There is a water pipeline in place , as far as woomera.
With state goverment assistancem BHP-Biliton plan to build a desalination plant at Port Augusta, this will suppy a lot more of the remote areas as well'.

Personally i dont no why they dont build a small nuke power plant to cover their energy needs ,and service the town which will double in size by 2015........... mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.