Reload this Page >

Coming over in 3 weeks to Brisbane

Coming over in 3 weeks to Brisbane

Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming over in 3 weeks to Brisbane

So got a problem...Can anyone help?
We have been planning the move etc for months.
We got our visa's 2 weeks ago and put the house up for sale thiw week.
Houses have been going in 1 to 2 weeks for ages, but not at the moment.
So leaving in 3 weeks and not sold house....
So i may need to come on my own and get the family to follow once sold (when ever that is).
We are looking for any ideas of low rent for one person (43 year old professional) for short tterm rental, because still need to pay mortgage (by the way we are from UK, but have lived in Canada for 8 years. We have no family in Canada so cannot leave the house for anyone to sell on our behalf)
Any ideas, comments or suggestions greatly appricated.
thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming over in 3 weeks to Brisbane

Share house or flat, ads on gumtree, or at local shopping centres, uni noticeboards, etc. Sydney Morning Herald used to be the place to look, don't know if it is now. Youth hostels/backpackers are not just for the young, quite a few of those around. Be careful of internet scams and do not hand over money on internet or even once you get here, without thoroughly checking things out first.

People in the UK have been renting out their houses when they have been slow to sell. Some have been dropping the price as much as they could bear, others can't afford to do that, so rent out. Does the housing market slow down in Canada in the lead up to Christmas and New Year?
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

My husband stayed in two places before the kids and I arrived. One was in Highgate Hill and the other in New Farm. Both were well priced and convenient for his trip into the CBD daily. I would be happy to give you the names if those locations work for you.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to consider is whether you really do need somebody in situ to sell the house? I sold a house and on a separate occasion bought a house when I was physicallly located in a different country to the house in question. I had no family to help either but it really was not that hard. Perhaps you can get things lined up (i.e. give an estate agent a key) and then all start your new chapter together as a family.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all