Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coming to Melbourne, job search advice?

Coming to Melbourne, job search advice?

Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

SideshowJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming to Melbourne, job search advice?

Hello everyone, im Jack, from England. Ive been given a working visa and will be arriving in Melbourne in November 2009. Ive been working in Canada the past year and Australia is my next adventure. Luckily I have somewhere to live in Melbourne and plenty of friends, thanks to working in Whistler, BC I met lots of Aussies.

Ive signed up to a few job search sites and agencies, but just wondering if anyone has an advice with regards to finding work in Melbourne. Im not to fussed on what job I do, call centre, data processing, working in retail, bar work, basically im a Jack the lad and have done lots of jobs over the years.
Just like to know if people have got work before they arrived in Australia, or at least an interview lined up. Any good websites, or any other tips that may come in handy.

Im sure this type of thread has been posted hundreds of times, sorry if im repeating. But I like to be prepared before I arrive and have some idea were to look, and to get working asap.

Thanks Jack.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Re: Coming to Melbourne, job search advice?

Hi Jack, main 2 that I can think of is Seek and mycareer.com.au which you've probably already hooked up with, theres also jobsjobsjobs.com.au and you can register direct with the Vic govt (think it's [email protected] or similar) for all of their public sector jobs, also try Vic Roads, Telstra, Myer, Coles etc. x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:24 am
Just Joined

SideshowJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coming to Melbourne, job search advice?

Thanks I appreciate it, got most of those sites, the more the merrier. Had a few emails back, not offering jobs but would at least like to talk over the phone or meet for an interview once I arrive in Melbourne, so thats good news.