Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Come to Oz for Free Money

Come to Oz for Free Money

Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:36 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Come to Oz for Free Money

Well Dotty isn't around and this forum needs a bit of heated debate so....

What is is with all these questions about "can I get the $3000 baby bond when I arrive?" and "can I get the $7000 first home buyers grant when I arrive?" and "Will I get $600 for each of my children"

No wonder they call it the Lucky Country, people will be wanting ten pounds and free passage next.

For all those wishing to come to Australia to claim some of the tax I've paid, please stay where you are, this island is overpopulated enough already.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:39 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Come to Oz for Free Money

Originally posted by jayr

What is is with all these questions about "can I get the $3000 baby bond when I arrive?" and "can I get the $7000 first home buyers grant when I arrive?" and "Will I get $600 for each of my children"

No wonder they call it the Lucky Country, people will be wanting ten pounds and free passage next.

For all those wishing to come to Australia to claim some of the tax I've paid, please stay where you are, this island is overpopulated enough already.
We've just had the 1st $600. When's the next one getting dished out ?

Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:46 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
We've just had the 1st $600. When's the next one getting dished out ?

As a temporary visa holder (but full rate taxpayer) I don't receive it so I don't know, I'll look out for the next time that the Plasmas, DVD Players and surround systems are flying out of the shops.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

knickers in a twist jayr?.. too tired to argue, I'm off home been up since 4 this morning ( and I need some lettuce) .. I agree to you with a point .. in fact it makes me laugh that people complain about scroungers in the Uk, then come on here and ask how they can get this and that... hypocritical b*stards!

I hate hypocrite people.

But as for the first time home owners grant.. you';; find it was to offset the GST originally , and it gave a boost to the building industry here... hence more money into the coffers ... it really is swings and roundabouts , and I disagree with these dull people who say it's for battlers. ( been reading too many fairy tales if you ask me ) I agree with what saying about scrounging... I've been here 7 years why the hell should I pay for these people who step off the boat (plane).. and believe me I pay tax ( I'm in the high bracket) . I have no kids by the way ( through choice.. just waiting when I go home.. so they have family around them , and I resent paying for someone else's kids );
it's all ironic to me.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:59 am
ABCDiamond

"can I get the $3000 baby bond when I arrive?"
Do people realise that this $3,000 bonus isn't all it's cracked up to be !

It actually "replaces" two other payments, which are now cancelled:

The one from Centrelink for about $700, and the one from
the Tax Office; 5 annual payments of $500 each, totalling $2,500.
All up it was $3,200, income tested.

But now only $3,000

Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:04 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Geeeee we aint gonna SPEND your hard earned TAX money are we. how guilty do we feel NOT !

Get ya head out ya arse ya prat
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:10 am
wombat42

The $7,000 first home owners grant won't even cover the cost
stamp duty on a house and $3,000 for a baby is'nt exactly a
fantastic deal when the average cost of raising a child untill he is 18 is $200,000. So if you want to come to Australia to bludge off the Aussie taxpayer think again.

Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:10 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Do people realise that this $3,000 bonus isn't all it's cracked up to be !

It actually "replaces" two other payments, which are now cancelled:

The one from Centrelink for about $700, and the one from
the Tax Office; 5 annual payments of $500 each, totalling $2,500.
All up it was $3,200, income tested.

But now only $3,000

Damn...NOW you tell me
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Oh Geeeee we aint gonna SPEND your hard earned TAX money are we. how guilty do we feel NOT !

Get ya head out ya arse ya prat
He's not a prat.( if you'd only just read half of the contributions he makes on this site) . but that's just my personal head up the arse opinion... what he is trying to say... why the F*uk should he pay his tax money to you people who have not contributed to the coffers.. and yes I do agree with him to a point.. it's ironic.. pay for your own kids will you... right I'm off now ..
you get people moaning about Britain this and that.. how immigrants claim for everything... then the same people who moan come on here.. and spend MY tax dollars.. why should I pay for you in Australia ?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:23 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
He's not a prat.( if you'd only just read half of the contributions he makes on this site) . but that's just my personal head up the arse opinion... what he is trying to say... why the F*uk should he pay his tax money to you people who have not contributed to the coffers.. and yes I do agree with him to a point.. it's ironic.. pay for your own kids will you... right I'm off now ..
you get people moaning about Britain this and that.. how immigrants claim for everything... then the same people who moan come on here.. and spend MY tax dollars.. why should I pay for you in Australia ?

Trust ME you wont be paying a cent for me !!! thats a fact !!!

And
For all those wishing to come to Australia to claim some of the tax I've paid, please stay where you are, this island is overpopulated enough already
Who the hell does he think he is !!!

Do you HONESTLY !!!! truthfully think people go thru the tortures of migration, just to bludge a few pennies some ex pommy prick has paid !!

Get real, people on here are asking , quite rightly so, what is on offer to them, thats all, no big deal , end of !!

And ffs YOU PEOPLE roflmaooooo.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:56 am
Banned

Now why would anyone would speak poorly about this golden culture. Perhaps it is because it isn't profitable. Or perhaps it is true that globally the wowsers are taking over, and the easy going, piss swilling, swearing, fair dinkum, dinki-di, true blue Aussie battler and his upfront ocker culture is slowly becoming a thing of the past. If this is the case then you had better relish it while you can. But while you do, any foreigners should read the following tips and this site carefully to maximise your exposure and appreciation while minimising your risk of giving offence.

First, know the shout ethic - bludgers are not highly received. Second, try not to be a piker - we don't like them either. Third, don't bignote, whatever you do. That may be the norm in your highly competitive society, but it certainly isn't on here. Fourth, learn the lingo, for it is the easiest and most entertaining language you will ever learn. Bloody oath it is.

courtesy of
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:57 am
Karma Comedian

Do you HONESTLY !!!! truthfully think people go thru the tortures of migration, just to bludge a few pennies some ex pommy prick has paid !!

Get real, people on here are asking , quite rightly so, what is on offer to them, thats all, no big deal , end of !!

Mr Timber

I am pleased by your attitude with regards to immigrants going through torture to get to a country not being driven by the financial benefits on offer. This is a view I have always held, despite the Bristish press' contrary portrayal of immigrants entering the UK. Well done.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

way86 will become famous soon enoughway86 will become famous soon enough

Trust ME you wont be paying a cent for me !!! thats a fact !!!

And

Who the hell does he think he is !!!

couldnt of said it any better
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:07 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by way86
couldnt of said it any better

I like your principles, to which charity will you be donating your first home owners grant?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:16 am
Banned

I like your principles, to which charity will you be donating your first home owners grant?

Id suggest the Temp Visas Benevolent Fund !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.