Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

come on all you sparkies out there i need help

come on all you sparkies out there i need help

Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default come on all you sparkies out there i need help

my praticale electrical fitters exam has been moved forward to monday and i am in need of some help as to what is in it

i have a good i dear of what is in the electrical mechanical exam thanks to baldbutts

there must be some one out there that has been through the WA exam at the balga campus

going in blind is scaring me they will prob ask me loads of questions about things that i did when i was at college 14 years ago and have never used since

well at least next week i will be able to tell you all how it was :lecture:
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

looks like im on me jack jones then :scared:
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't help..... ...but good luck!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: come on all you sparkies out there i need help

Originally posted by bussie
my praticale electrical fitters exam has been moved forward to monday and i am in need of some help as to what is in it

i have a good i dear of what is in the electrical mechanical exam thanks to baldbutts

there must be some one out there that has been through the WA exam at the balga campus

going in blind is scaring me they will prob ask me loads of questions about things that i did when i was at college 14 years ago and have never used since

well at least next week i will be able to tell you all how it was :lecture:

I cant help either, trying to keep the thread at the top for you.
Have you done a search?

Sandra
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

thanks guys
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bussie
thanks guys
Sorry we cant help either ,however u could help us lol,im my husband is taking the exam sometime end of June and your knowledge would be great
natasha
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:45 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Try this for size.Took ages to post,so hope it helps.
Since I got my licence,i've found I don't need it when duping old ladies from their life savings.
Top tip.Use your children and fake blood to gain access if the "I think your wiring is unsafe "trick doesn't work-works a treat.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...lectrical+exam

BB-Rough AND slow with it..
Old Feb 14th 2004, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

is the mechanical and fitters practical exam the same baldbutts and when you say line current formulas what do ya mean

The current in one leg of your star is equal to the current in two legs of your delta. ??
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

well the electrical fitters exam is nothing like the mechanical one
i think im going to have to take it again as i was guessing all the way through it

there are two things the same as the mechanical one and that is the portable appliance test and the dol starter

the other ones are

1. wire up a flu fitting and draw a diagaram looked easy to start with then after i had wired it the lecturer said hummm there is a 40 watt ballast in there and the lamps are only 18 watts each
its not right try again what he was trying to say is wire them up in series............. not that you do any of this any more you just use an electronic ballast and i cant remeber the last time i wired up flu's in series but its a test so ok.............

2.wire up a capactior start single phase motor there are 8 terminals on top with no markings. you can not unscrew the lid you got to use your meter to fig out what is what well i didnt have a clue on this one, i know the cap is to exicite the winding and there is a main and aux winding but how it all wires up ???
yep left that one

3. test 3 armatures for faults and with the use of a growler??
never seen one of them before so didnt know how it worked or how to work it but gave it a go any way....just wrote down some bull on the paper as i didnt have much of a clue

4. determin the pri and sec winding of a 3 phase transformer and wire it up in star delta and check the operation well another one i muddled through

looks like im booking up for a retake
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Well the electrical fitter’s exam is nothing like the mechanical one
I think im going to have to take it again as I was guessing all the way through it

There are two things the same as the mechanical one and that is the portable appliance test and the dol starter

The other ones are

1. Wire up a flu fitting and draw a diagram looked easy to start with then after I had wired it the lecturer said hummm there is 40 watt ballast in there and the lamps are only 18 watts each
its not right try again what he was trying to say is wire them up in series............. not that you do any of this any more you just use an electronic ballast and I cant remember the last time I wired up flu's in series but its a test so ok.............

2. Wire up a capacitor start single phase motor there are 8 terminals on top with no markings. you can not unscrew the lid you got to use your meter to fig out what is what well I didn’t have a clue on this one, I know the cap is to excite the winding and there is a main and aux winding but how it all wires up ???
Yep left that one

3. Test 3 armatures for faults and with the use of a growler??
Never seen one of them before so didn’t know how it worked or how to work it but gave it a go any way....just wrote down some bull on the paper as I didn’t have much of a clue

4. Determine the pri and sec winding of a 3 phase transformer and wire it up in star delta and check the operation well another one I muddled through

Looks like im booking up for a retake