.com.au Domains

Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

PegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the rough
Default .com.au Domains

For those of you who are or have purchased .com.au domains can I get a quick idea of the cheapest registrar's in your opinion.

Just looking for registration of Australia domains to park them and change name servers to another host.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: .com.au Domains

Originally Posted by PegLeg
For those of you who are or have purchased .com.au domains can I get a quick idea of the cheapest registrar's in your opinion.

Just looking for registration of Australia domains to park them and change name servers to another host.

I use these: http://mdwebhosting.com.au/

Whilst they aren't necessarily the cheapest out there, they are reliable, their servers are never down and their support is first rate.

I did have someone cheaper but my websites were offline more than they were online

Are you aware that you need an ABN to register a .com.au domain?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

PegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the rough

yep aware about the ABN situation thanks.
Yeah just looking for the registration rather than the hosting I have plenty of hosting in the US.

Thanks
Rich.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah just looking for the registration rather than the hosting I have plenty of hosting in the US.

Thanks
Rich.

Ah, right

These are about the cheapest (that I've found anyway) at $12.95 per year http://www.crazydomains.com.au/
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Wendy..looks like the cheapest I've found so far.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:04 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

nice thread and thx for the info'

cheers, guys
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point

I was about to suggest myself at $20 per year but Crazy Domains beats me by far. At least I'm cheaper than my local competitors

Crikey, they sell cheaper than they buy them from source!

Last edited by Dried Graze; Aug 15th 2007 at 9:01 am.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Rich.
If I want to get myself a domain for my personal website do I still need an abn number. I assume not but where do I go? Sorry for hijacking. Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
If I want to get myself a domain for my personal website do I still need an abn number. I assume not but where do I go? Sorry for hijacking. Thanks

If you want a .com.au domain name, then yes you need an ABN. Next best thing is .com
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Orrrrr.......you can ask someone (with an ABN or CBN) to purchase it for you but 'officially' they would be the owner.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
Orrrrr.......you can ask someone (with an ABN or CBN) to purchase it for you but 'officially' they would be the owner.

I nearly said that