colondra

Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:16 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Question colondra

whats caloundra like please ?

sorry about spelling

Last edited by dinner-dash; Jun 15th 2007 at 8:26 am.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

here2learn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: colondra

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
whats caloundra like please ?

sorry about spelling
Caloundra (correct spelling) is sometimes known as the gateway to The Sunshine Coast. And, in my humble opinion, a great place. It is not as overdeveloped as the Gold Coast yet still very accessible to Brisbane (roughly an hours drive).

Unfortunately is becoming expensive again with property investors moving in a few years ago - there is now a new wave of property investors moving back in.

For the kids there are great beaches and of ofcourse famous the Australia Zoo. All the major theme parks are down on the Gold coast (1-2 hours drive south) so close enough but not in your back yard. There are allot of seasonal visitors in summer month and loads of apartments are purely holiday homes.

Weather wise can be very hot (sometimes in 40c's) and very very humid.

Cant speak about work as I don't know enough - but is is a fast growing area.

If you have the opportunity of working and living there then certainly count yourself lucky.

Kind regards.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:48 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for information, little worrying about property prices though.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

here2learn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
thank you for information, little worrying about property prices though.
you're welcome

property still better value than UK and can still get a 4 bedroom house for around £150k - so still affordable.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by here2learn
Caloundra (correct spelling) is sometimes known as the gateway to The Sunshine Coast. And, in my humble opinion, a great place. It is not as overdeveloped as the Gold Coast yet still very accessible to Brisbane (roughly an hours drive).

Unfortunately is becoming expensive again with property investors moving in a few years ago - there is now a new wave of property investors moving back in.

For the kids there are great beaches and of ofcourse famous the Australia Zoo. All the major theme parks are down on the Gold coast (1-2 hours drive south) so close enough but not in your back yard. There are allot of seasonal visitors in summer month and loads of apartments are purely holiday homes.

Weather wise can be very hot (sometimes in 40c's) and very very humid.

Cant speak about work as I don't know enough - but is is a fast growing area.

If you have the opportunity of working and living there then certainly count yourself lucky.

Kind regards.
my oh and i went over for a recci in april and caloundra is the place i loved the most. we went down gold coast but i didn't like it and as soon as we came back up to caloundra i felt so much happier!

the beaches are lovely,the people are v friendly, it was just great all round and this is the place we want to move to.

the funny thing is, it's the first place we looked at for house prices on the net!

must mean something
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We are going on our reccie at the end of July and will be visiting Coloundra. So am very interested in this thread. Just wondered is this place any good for families and what are the schools like here? What facillities are there round here?

Many thanks any feedback would be gratefully received