Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coles have QUORN!

Coles have QUORN!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:33 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coles have QUORN!

Much of the Quorn range is essentially tasteless a it's designed to bulk up meals, not be a meal in itself. So the pieces are great in a stir fry or curry as they absorb other flavours really well. I'm v happy it's now available in Oz even though I'm not moving until July 2011!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Hard to get nowadays due to the boom in fantasy films.
And how is mummy...........MM
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I'm with you I've seen this Quorn talked about before. And picked some up in Waitrose the other day (we live in gentrified Surrey, I think Tescos have been banned). I was a vegetarian for 15yrs (not any more) but I don't ever remember eating something as dry and rubbery as this. It has a horrible texture (at least to me) and is not exactly flavoursome. I tried the sausages and something that looked like an eraser after a steam roller incident. Both tasted yuk.

I didn't try the lasagna, decided to go back to my usual fillet of panda and swan steaks.
You better watch out Swan is a protected species in the UK . By the Queen no less. Panda is fair game though
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
And how is mummy...........MM
She seemed ok when I left her this morning, said you're a bad son for not calling and your Dad's slippers don't fit me.

Last edited by Tr1boy; Jul 29th 2010 at 1:30 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:18 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

She seemed ok when I left her this morning, said you're a bad son for not calling and your Dad's slippers don't fit me.
Well i hope you resolve it , and remember , mothers are not forever........MM
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

LOl - Love where this forum went there for a minute! Obviously, as a veggie I can't advocate the eating of Unicorns, storm troopers or even daleks (even though they are MEAN)

I love Quorn because it means I can cook! You're not really meant to just eat it out the box. Mince for lasagne, chilli, mousaka etc. Strips for stirfries, etc.
tee hee. Each to their own!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
I love Quorn because it means I can cook! You're not really meant to just eat it out the box. Mince for lasagne, chilli, mousaka etc. Strips for stirfries, etc.
tee hee. Each to their own!
What about the sausages ?

Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

tdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the rough

On a (sort of) related topic...

Has anyone noticed just how schizophrenic the branding is for "The British Sausage Company" ?

After nailing their colours pretty firmly to the mast with the "Bitish" thing they proclaim that they are "uniquely Australian" (what's unique about a sausage?) and also that they contain "100% Australian meat".

And THEN there's a picture of a sausage with a Union Jack stuck in it !

I mean, come on, one thing or the bloody other...!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I have quorn too Found it in the freezer section in Coles. Looking forward to a quorn curry, yum.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

It's so exciting it's Sad isn't it!! lol
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
It's so exciting it's Sad isn't it!! lol
Yep you are so right, LOL.