Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coles have QUORN!

Coles have QUORN!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coles have QUORN!

OK. So sorry if you already knew this. I found out about 3 weeks ago and keep meaning to tell you all... For some strange reason, Coles have a range of QUORN products on the online shopping. I've never seen them in the stores and they're all on offer at them moment - Hoping that's not because they've changed their mind!

I got so excited I bought 2 of everything - I can eat again! (slight exaggeration but hey

OK i'm off to cook a sausage roll for my lunch
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Coles have QUORN!

They have risen in price already !!!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
They have risen in price already !!!

http://www.britzinoz.com/uk-australi...0/06/quorn.png
woah! Really? OMG! I was just worried that they were selling them off and wanted to make sure COles knew how much we veggie pomes like this stuff Tee hee
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Our local Chinese supermarket is a marvel for british food, now we have Yorkies and branston pickle and half the price of the british lolly shop!!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:48 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

...and they can bloody keep it. !
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...and they can bloody keep it. !
Yeah I'm with you I've seen this Quorn talked about before. And picked some up in Waitrose the other day (we live in gentrified Surrey, I think Tescos have been banned). I was a vegetarian for 15yrs (not any more) but I don't ever remember eating something as dry and rubbery as this. It has a horrible texture (at least to me) and is not exactly flavoursome. I tried the sausages and something that looked like an eraser after a steam roller incident. Both tasted yuk.

I didn't try the lasagna, decided to go back to my usual fillet of panda and swan steaks.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I didn't try the lasagna, decided to go back to my usual fillet of panda and swan steaks.
No unicorn pie then?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

No unicorn pie then?
Hard to get nowadays due to the boom in fantasy films.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

tdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the rough

Our local Woolworths has just has a bit of a makeover and introduced self-service checkouts.

It was bedlam!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tdib
Our local Woolworths has just has a bit of a makeover and introduced self-service checkouts.

It was bedlam!
They introduced that here a while back, it does sort itself out once people work out how they work.

I prefer the normal checkouts though, those self service ones don't ask me how I am

Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

tdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
They introduced that here a while back, it does sort itself out once people work out how they work.

I prefer the normal checkouts though, those self service ones don't ask me how I am
That's true but it would be fairly simple to program them to...

I think I would choose a voice like the Cylons from Battle Star Galactica

"HOW-ARE-YOU-TOO-DAY"
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

"HOW-ARE-YOU-TOO-DAY"
Or a slightly hysterical Dalek.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:25 am
Account Closed

"HOW-ARE-YOU-TOO-DAY"
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Kudos!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:12 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Wow so excited. I remember emailing quorn re stocking their products in Oz back in 2004 and they said they couldnt import it due to it being a fungus.

I love quorn products been a veggie.

I am off to try and place an order online now

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.