Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cold winter nights or sticky brisbane

Wikiposts

cold winter nights or sticky brisbane

Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:39 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cold winter nights or sticky brisbane

Originally posted by jwatsonoz

Also, I haven't had dry skin since I have arrived in Brissie...humidity is good for the skin.
Its just made me spotty!

Jane
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Anjali is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jwatsonoz
I live in Brisbane (moved from Huddersfield last year). I agree about the humidity being the big difference. However, I do not find it that bad unless it is over 65% and combined with say 30 degrees plus.......that doesn't happen more than a couple of months a year in brissie.

The advantage of the humidity is that it stays warm at night (disadvantage perhaps if it is very warm i.e. the two months) which is good because it makes the night much more usable - just as well as it gets dark early here.

In Brisbane you can often sit outside a cafe late at night wearing shorts and a T shirt. You wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't humid.

Also, I haven't had dry skin since I have arrived in Brissie...humidity is good for the skin.

I think Brissie weather is a good trade....good weather for 10 months of the year.

I do find walking around midday in the summer sun a bit too strong though....you learn to stick to the shadows.

best regards,
Sounds good, 2 month of less good weather is much better than 9 months of rain and coldness like in Holland.
Just wondering, do office buildings use airconditioning during the warmer seasons?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:45 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Anjali
Sounds good, 2 month of less good weather is much better than 9 months of rain and coldness like in Holland.
Just wondering, do office buildings use airconditioning during the warmer seasons?
Everything (shops, offices etc) is air conditioned year round. The "less good weather" that Jay is referring to is the summer where it gets quite humid & a bit unpleasant for a couple of months, not rain & cold.

BTW, winter in Brisbane has very very little rain, you get lovely clear blue skies for weeks on end to go with the 20-21 degree average temps. Dagboy says its very much like a nice english summer day, but a bit cooler in the evening.