Wikiposts

Cold Feet!!

Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cold Feet!!

Here's the current MODL (Migration Occupations in Demand List), correct to May 2005.

Bear in mind that not all skills are in demand in all areas, and some (such as Welder, Sheetmetal Worker, Electrician and Metal Machinist) require workers of a specific grade or class.

Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:42 am
Bring me SUNSHINE!

emmieshaw19 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cold Feet!!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Here's the current MODL (Migration Occupations in Demand List), correct to May 2005.

Bear in mind that not all skills are in demand in all areas, and some (such as Welder, Sheetmetal Worker, Electrician and Metal Machinist) require workers of a specific grade or class.

Hi,

Thanks for info. Chris is a Special Class Electrician, he has all the City & Guilds, NVQ's and up to date certificates. He has to have being self employed. Does things the right (legal) way. Have to keep an eye on seek.com/au for the whereabouts of jobs
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:54 am
Bring me SUNSHINE!

emmieshaw19 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Just to say that I have been reading these posts and agree with how everyone feels.
I went through a rough patch a few weeks ago and started to get cold feet.
The whole migration process is one long rollercoaster of emotions from start to end.
I was telling one of my friends how I felt and they said you would not be feeling as bad as this if you had sold your house by now.
Its true as the house sale has dragged on and on I feel as though we are never going to get there and then statrt thinking maybe its not meant to be.
You are certaintly not alone there are loads of us who go through the same and particuarly it seems to be the women who feel it most.
Hi,

We are living very close to each other! I'm in Grantham. Thanks for info. I think women feel it too, my husband just seems so calm and takes everything in his stride. Not looking forward to selling the house, it needs a bit of diy, only cosmetic , sons decided to peel off a patch of paintwork from their bedroom wall, looks a mess but we'll get there!

I hope everything goes ok for you x
Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:31 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted everyone on this thread to know that the reply on the first page was not put there by me but my friends hubby. He didn't realise I was logged in till he had submitted the answer, guess the moral of that is to log out in future!
Anyway, I think its safe to say that the majority of people wonder if they are doing the right thing. I had moments where i wondered whether I had made a mistake but I'm past that now and starting to enjoy life. My social circle is starting to grow and I feel a lot more settled. My daughter said she wants to stay in Oz too and this was the girl that cried for the first few weeks and wanted to go back to the UK! I'd say just give Oz a chance otherwise you could live the rest of your life wondering 'what if?'. Oh and I have only been here since 1st July.