Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Col and @boy! You IT smoothies!

To Col and @boy! You IT smoothies!

Old Jul 15th 2002, 10:49 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default To Col and @boy! You IT smoothies!

OK, how do I get a cool picture next to my user name?
Old Jul 15th 2002, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: To Col and @boy! You IT smoothies!

Not sure....womder if this works.

Last edited by MrFlibbleUK; Jul 15th 2002 at 7:53 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2002, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Ahha...go to your 'user cp' tab, then go into the bit marked 'options'. At the bottom it goes on about a custom avatar, either type in the URL of an image to use or browse to an image on your desktop.

An thats that....I would demonstrate it but my image is bigger than 50x50 pixels...at the moment.

Tis done!!!....smart.....(sooo easily pleased)

Last edited by MrFlibbleUK; Jul 15th 2002 at 7:56 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2002, 8:31 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Let's try one of me as a youngster...
Old Jul 15th 2002, 8:34 pm
Banned

OK it worked but I just switched off the avatar! I will get the thinking cap on. Cheers Flibble
Old Jul 15th 2002, 9:26 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

Just thought I'd have a go too...dont know if it'll work....

hhmmpphh apparently image too large...I'll have another go...
Old Jul 16th 2002, 8:42 am
Banned

Ok what happened?
Old Jul 16th 2002, 8:44 am
Banned

I see - forgot to click 'yes' in 'use custom avatar'
Old Jul 16th 2002, 10:48 am
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Hmm, jumping on the bandwagon....
Old Jul 16th 2002, 1:05 pm
Banned

Hi Yvonne. What image system have you got? This PC has got Microsoft Photo Editor and in Image/ Resize you can take your picture down to 50 pixel square.

All the best
Old Jul 16th 2002, 6:41 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi newstartnz,

I cant find a small enough pic and my comp wont resize.....mind you i havent asked my whizz kid son yet!!!!!

do you have a web address for funny pics???

Yvonne
Old Jul 16th 2002, 6:47 pm
Banned

Websites: last night I looked up gif and avatar on Yahoo and there are loads of free sites you can download from - trouble was, there seemed a high level of nastiness out there too and I was bombarded with undesirable images I wouldn't like the family to see! If you aren't going to downsize a digital pic of your own fair features, you could just do a search (mine was 'gorilla picture' - damn, given away all my secrets!) of your desired image, choose a pic, right click and save the image then work on it offline.

I look forward to seeing your output!
Old Jul 16th 2002, 7:13 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

arrgghh dont know if this worked????

nope...try again....
Old Jul 16th 2002, 7:18 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

OK OK
You need to find an image you want to use.
Pull it in oi a suitable editor such as corel etc then resize the image and resolution to bring within scope of web dimensions. Then follow the dierections on the user options Sorted!

Have fun

Col
Old Jul 16th 2002, 7:25 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Top tip
Don't put BALDBUTTS in a search engine.I think i've gone blind !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.