Coffs Harbour

Old Dec 31st 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Raes2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coffs Harbour

Hi there - I'm new to this site so a quick hello to everyone & a happy new year to you all!
We're considering a move from Perth to Coffs Harbour & was after any information on the area. The usual stuff. Good/bad areas. Schools etc.
We have googled areas we like the look off which are Emerald beach, Corindi Beach but are not restricted to just these.
From what we can see work may be an issue.......hubby's a printer by trade but open to try something new.
Any info from anyone who lives in the area or knows it really well would be most appreciated.
Cheers Rae.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffs Harbour

PamE lives in Coffs and loves it. She's not been online for a few weeks so you could email her and ask if she could post some info. I think there's a couple of others but I can't think of their names.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks moneypenny. I'll send her an email.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Raes2
Hi there - I'm new to this site so a quick hello to everyone & a happy new year to you all!
We're considering a move from Perth to Coffs Harbour & was after any information on the area. The usual stuff. Good/bad areas. Schools etc.
We have googled areas we like the look off which are Emerald beach, Corindi Beach but are not restricted to just these.
From what we can see work may be an issue.......hubby's a printer by trade but open to try something new.
Any info from anyone who lives in the area or knows it really well would be most appreciated.
Cheers Rae.
I live in Corindi Beach with hubby and son aged 7. Been here 3 years. We bought a block of land and built house on it. Lots of new houses gone up since then as land is cheaper than Coffs Harbour which is 35km away. Best bit is less than a 10 minute walk to a lovely beach. Coastline on Mid North Coast is stunning. Corindi Beach is a nice, friendly suburb with a caravan park, pub, primary school, pre-school, post office, small shop, community hall, soccer grounds and small indoor sports centre. Woolgoolga, which has supermarkets, doctors surgeries, dentists, restaurants and cafes etc is a 10-minute drive down the highway. Best suburbs in Coffs Harbour are Diggers Beach, (very expensive) Korora, Sapphire Beach,Emerald Beach, Moonee Beach,Sandy Beach, Safety Beach, Mullaway and Arrawarra - all on the Northern Beaches like Corindi. Other side of Coffs good places are Sawtell, Bellingen, Urunga, Bonville and Valla. Crap places are Toormina and centre of Coffs Harbour - parts of which flood badly in torrential rain. Coffs not great for jobs. Mostly tourism, retail and small businesses. No major companies based here. Cenrtelink is a big employer - as it has a call centre in Coffs. Other main employers are the university and the health sector. There is a public and private hospital in Coffs and loads of doctors' surgeries and alternative health practitioners. Best school is the private Bishop Druitt College in Coffs which is one of best performing schools in NSW. Pleased to answer any other questions.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Hi- thanks for the reply. Corindi is one of the areas we're interested in. Hubby has actually booked flights to come over & have a look next month. Like you, we'd like to build & see on real estate that there's quite a few land estates north of Coffs. Not many left in Corindi though.
Here in Perth, it's all double brick so builds take between 12 -18 months with the larger companies. I'm guessing build times are quicker there.
Anyway, all comes down to work I suppose as we have two young girls & have to be responsible..........long gone are the days we took our backpacks around Oz!
I see Corindi has it's own primary school. Any good? Any primary schools to avoid.
Thanks again.
Rae.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:29 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Just came back from a holiday in coffs nice place

But like lots of nice locations getting a decent job would be the big issue (job selling the big issue might be only option )

Originally Posted by Raes2
Cheers Rae.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Yes, our concern is work. Need to have a real good look before we decide to take the plunge. Going over next month.
Here in Perth, there's a fair bit of work around so it would be financial suicide if we went to a struggling area.

So many lovely places to live here in Oz but you can't live on scenery!