Wikiposts

Coffs Harbour

Old Aug 17th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coffs Harbour

We're now considering a week long break in the Coffs Harbour area during the September school holidays. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on good quality places to stay (hotels or apartments) that would be suitable for a family of 4 - this includes 2 kids aged 4 and 6.

Any general suggestions or advice on things to do in this area would also be terrific.

Thanks.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 2:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffs Harbour

Originally Posted by haggis supper
We're now considering a week long break in the Coffs Harbour area during the September school holidays. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on good quality places to stay (hotels or apartments) that would be suitable for a family of 4 - this includes 2 kids aged 4 and 6.

Any general suggestions or advice on things to do in this area would also be terrific.

Thanks.
e-mail Paula1 - she lives there, but doesn't come on here much so may not pick up a PM
Old Aug 17th 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
There are 4-5 largish resorts just out of Coffs Harbour (Opal Cove, Aanuka Beach, Pacific Bay, Nautilus and Pelican Beach) that have heaps of activities and are great for kids. We stayed at Opal Cove once; they had a great pool, bikes, golf, canoes etc. Friends have stayed Aanuka Beach which is more expensive but fantastic for their younger kids. They offer babysitting etc. All of these resorts are along the same stretch of coast just north of Coffs.

Recommend checking out Bellingen which is just a short drive inland. It's a lovely little town. Coffs Harbour itself (the town) is not much to look at but the hinterland is gorgous.

Last edited by NickyC; Aug 17th 2006 at 2:21 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

We went to the porpoise pet pool,it was brilliant ,you get lots of one on one with the porpoise,kids loved it.
donna
Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks.

Hi
The hotel's nickyc mentioned are all very nice, but if they are a little expensive there are plenty of Motel's, Caravan Park's etc. Just go onto Google & enter Coffs Harbour accom & i'm sure you can find one, if not send me a pm, & i will be more than happy to help.
There are also great places to eat, that are family friendly, The Fishermans is a great place with great food, with surrounding views on the ocean, but its does get busy, also in town there's either "The Plantation Hotel" great deals on meals & the sizes are more then enough, & fantastic if you want some entertainment at night, also the Greenhouse Tavern is a great place, with the added bonus of PS2/television room. The Jetty strip has some GREAT restaurants to, this also can be VERY busy day & night.
If you ever fancy surfing, a good friend of ours "Lee Winkler" (a former Pro-surfer) does lesson's, if you want to check him out go to his website www.leewinklerssurfschool.com.au (a little bit of free advertising there, i'll have to ask for commission!!!) but he does get VERY BUSY, but if you want to learn, why not be taught by one of the best.
The beaches are Beautiful here, & there's plenty of them to choose from. Overall Coffs is a very friendly place to visit.
Hope this has been of some help, don't forget if i can be of anymore help, please let me know.
Paula1

P.s HELLO PENNY, TRY & SPEAK SOON XXXXXX
Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi
The hotel's nickyc mentioned are all very nice, but if they are a little expensive there are plenty of Motel's, Caravan Park's etc. Just go onto Google & enter Coffs Harbour accom & i'm sure you can find one, if not send me a pm, & i will be more than happy to help.
There are also great places to eat, that are family friendly, The Fishermans is a great place with great food, with surrounding views on the ocean, but its does get busy, also in town there's either "The Plantation Hotel" great deals on meals & the sizes are more then enough, & fantastic if you want some entertainment at night, also the Greenhouse Tavern is a great place, with the added bonus of PS2/television room. The Jetty strip has some GREAT restaurants to, this also can be VERY busy day & night.
If you ever fancy surfing, a good friend of ours "Lee Winkler" (a former Pro-surfer) does lesson's, if you want to check him out go to his website www.leewinklerssurfschool.com.au (a little bit of free advertising there, i'll have to ask for commission!!!) but he does get VERY BUSY, but if you want to learn, why not be taught by one of the best.
The beaches are Beautiful here, & there's plenty of them to choose from. Overall Coffs is a very friendly place to visit.
Hope this has been of some help, don't forget if i can be of anymore help, please let me know.
Paula1

P.s HELLO PENNY, TRY & SPEAK SOON XXXXXX
That's it, come on once in a blue moon and prove me wrong
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's it, come on once in a blue moon and prove me wrong

Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice - appreciated !