Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cockroach, how big is yours??

Cockroach, how big is yours??

Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cockroach, how big is yours??

Just thought I would post a few pics for those maybe still in the UK so you can judge for yourselves.

I have placed a rule next to it to dimension off, cos I have been known to exaggerate certain sizes in the past
Attached Thumbnails Cockroach, how big is yours??-p1020313.jpg   Cockroach, how big is yours??-p1020314.jpg  
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cockroach, how big is yours??

Originally Posted by Dicko
Just thought I would post a few pics for those maybe still in the UK so you can judge for yourselves.

I have placed a rule next to it to dimension off, cos I have been known to exaggerate certain sizes in the past
Mate thats a big sucker...

and for the ladies thats nearly 6 inches long
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

That IS big!!! Had two in here last night, not that big thank goodness, but have been sprayed and everything - don't they know they;re not supposed to come in now?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
That IS big!!! Had two in here last night, not that big thank goodness, but have been sprayed and everything - don't they know they;re not supposed to come in now?
Yeah but when they fly they avoid all the sprayed areas. I wish they wouldn't fly. It's not nice
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yeah but when they fly they avoid all the sprayed areas. I wish they wouldn't fly. It's not nice
My mate swears blind, Cockroaches and Termites cannot fly..

mind you he is from Adelaide !!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
My mate swears blind, Cockroaches and Termites cannot fly..

mind you he is from Adelaide !!!
Does he also have a problem understand Daylight Saving
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

Does he also have a problem understand Daylight Saving
It still bewilders even me.. and quite scary that i cannot still get my head round it..

example:

if its 8am and clocks go fwd.. then 8am becomes 9am ( or the normal time that 9 am usually is )

which means its hotter in the mornings?

or is it other way round
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:13 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

My daughter breeds insects for a living! Why? I don't know? Anyhow, she does. She sends them from the lab where she works to people all around the world. A lot of the work she does is to see how humanely parasitic insects can be killed, and with no danger to farmers crops.

She has so many different types of cockroaches in her labs you'd be amazed! She has Madascan Hissing Cockroaches, one of which she's trained, by bribing it with slivers of apple, to allow her to pick it up. Urgh! When she interviews people she asks them to put their hand in the tank of cockroaches and pick one up. If they can't she doesn't see the point in employing them. Thing is, she picks up the one she's trained, she recognises it because it has one antennae longer than the other!

I diverse, cockroaches and ants fly when the nests they live in become overcrowded. Some of the eggs hatch with winged insects and they fly off the find another site to build a new colony.

Maggie
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko

Take away its antennae and its nowt
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

3 years ago when I was in the wet mess on a minesite in the northern territory I saw an insect, like a cockroach (but apparently unrelated) 3 inches long.

At first I thought it was a mouse.

We normally get a lot of cockroaches in the house even though we spray with the barrier spray. Last year we used an insect bomb. Its just an arosol that you release with all the doors and windows closed (you have to leave the house as well for a couple of hours). We hardly saw any critters alive after that. For about 2 days afterwards the floors we covered with dead insects that came crawling out of cracks and cupboards.

Keel
Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

So far....(7 days....) I havent found anything so big that "Baygon" didn't kill it instantly......anything bigger than it has managed so far I think I would hunt with a shotgun!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:24 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We have our house sprayed every year (under the floor etc) and Alan sprays the outside of the house with Copex every 4-5 months

SO far we haven't had a cockroach or Spider in the house in the year we've been here!

Had them outside, dead! but not it!!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

NOTHING LIKE THAT HERE IN PERTH!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Spent the day spraying our house, the buggers scare me to death Meet my first huntsman at the weekend, just about died on the spot, went and put on overalls,wellies, long latex gloves and the spare bbq tongs and killer spray in hand tackled it I swear to god it was ready for the fight, but I won ha ha do you ever get used to them
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:13 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
It still bewilders even me.. and quite scary that i cannot still get my head round it..

example:

if its 8am and clocks go fwd.. then 8am becomes 9am ( or the normal time that 9 am usually is )

which means its hotter in the mornings?

or is it other way round
We're not going through this again are we

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.