Cockies

Old May 29th 2006, 11:34 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cockies

The cockatoos were going mental outside our house yesterday so we got a few pics. These are my favourites.

Jane
Attached Thumbnails Cockies-chillin.jpg   Cockies-dancing.jpg   Cockies-flying.jpg   Cockies-friends.jpg   Cockies-hangin.jpg  

Old May 29th 2006, 11:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cockies

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
The cockatoos were going mental outside our house yesterday so we got a few pics. These are my favourites.

Jane
Wow, they're gorgeous!
Old May 29th 2006, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cockies

Jane
They are brill Jane the kids want one !!!
Mandy
Old May 29th 2006, 12:01 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
They are brill Jane the kids want one !!!
Mandy
You won't, when you hear the noise they make.

I love them, I still run out of the house to have a look whenever I hear them. The noise freaked out my own bird yesterday, he even stopped eating his breakfast, so he must have been spooked.

Jane
Old May 29th 2006, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

You won't, when you hear the noise they make.

I love them, I still run out of the house to have a look whenever I hear them. The noise freaked out my own bird yesterday, he even stopped eating his breakfast, so he must have been spooked.

Jane
HI Jane
That noisy then, is it only when they are in a 'gang' that they make lots of noise?
Mandy
Old May 29th 2006, 12:15 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Jane
They are beautiful, they are free just like they are meant to be! fantastic, only used to seeing them in a cage!!
Old May 29th 2006, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
HI Jane
That noisy then, is it only when they are in a 'gang' that they make lots of noise?
Mandy

No, they screech when they're flying on their own... bloody noisy but lovely.
Old May 29th 2006, 12:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feed them or encourage them. They'll destroy your house bit by bit.
You've been warned, our place was torn apart by the destructive bastards less than 2 months after we built it
The only good Sulphur Crested Cockie is a dead one.
Their beaks are so powerful they can physically tear the tin off of your roof and rip apart hardwood verandas & they love to do it just for fun. I keep meaning to post the piccies of the damage I'll just charge the camera batteries and sort it.
Meantime take a look here
Old May 29th 2006, 9:49 pm
Born to be ignored

Originally Posted by cresta57
You don't like them, then.

They never come onto the house or verandah, we have enough trees round about to keep them happy. (Far enough away from the house to provide a firebreak ) The crows are the only birds that attack the house and car and they're a protected species so we can't do anything about them.

Jane
Old May 30th 2006, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Blooming cockies.

I was out walking once with my bf (out near Melb airport) and this darn bird was flying from tree to tree throwing pine cones down at me (no kidding!) I think it would have followed me home if it could! I don't know what I did to make it hate me so but I guess I should count myself lucky that all it could carry in its beak were pine cones or it could have got a bit messy
Old May 30th 2006, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be a thread about farmers.
Old May 30th 2006, 10:24 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

... we have black cockies around our place... or is that coloured to be PC?

I must admit, these birds are one thing i really love about australia. black or white... erm coloured. sorry.
Attached Thumbnails Cockies-black_cockie1.jpg   Cockies-black_cockie2.jpg   Cockies-black_cockie3.jpg  

Last edited by scutterUK; May 30th 2006 at 10:26 am.
Old May 30th 2006, 10:37 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Don't feed them or encourage them. They'll destroy your house bit by bit.
You've been warned, our place was torn apart by the destructive bastards less than 2 months after we built it
Their beaks are so powerful they can physically tear the tin off of your roof and rip apart hardwood verandas & they love to do it just for fun. I keep meaning to post the piccies of the damage I'll just charge the camera batteries and sort it.
Meantime take a look here
Have you found your batteries yet?
Old May 30th 2006, 11:33 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Jane
Yeh they are beautiful and at first I loved them, but the bastards keep coming at 6.30am every morning and dive bombing my bedroom window & screeching for at least 2 hours.
Old May 30th 2006, 11:34 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I thought this was going to be a thread about farmers.
dunno where you got farmers from...I thought it was going to be about cockroaches

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.