Reload this Page >

Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

paulbarnet123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Hi All,

Im trying to obtain a spouse visa for my girlfriend. I have residency but havent migrated as yet. However!!! Last weekend my girlfriend went out had some drinks and someone offered her cocaine!! She tried it and as a result was caught arrested and placed on bail to return in two weeks. We still dont know what is going to happen, but it could mean court and then a fine.

This is her first ever offence and she has learnt one hell of a hard lesson, but this still doesnt help us now we are going to go for her spouse visa.

Does anyone know if this will preclude her from being issued a visa?

Cheers,

From a very worried Paul.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:21 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cocaine Offence - Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by paulbarnet123
Hi All,

Im trying to obtain a spouse visa for my girlfriend. I have residency but havent migrated as yet. However!!! Last weekend my girlfriend went out had some drinks and someone offered her cocaine!! She tried it and as a result was caught arrested and placed on bail to return in two weeks. We still dont know what is going to happen, but it could mean court and then a fine.

This is her first ever offence and she has learnt one hell of a hard lesson, but this still doesnt help us now we are going to go for her spouse visa.

Cheers,

.. do bears poo in the woods ?????

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:33 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure you'll be right LOL , but take some with , to show customs on arrival , oh and Bali is nice this time o yeah .
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:43 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

either the poster is winding everybody up or geniuely would like to believe that somehow this wouldn`t be a problem ....
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers,

If this is not a piss take then yeah, I think it would preclude her from getting a visa. Maybe if the offence had taken place several years ago then it would not be a problem but it's not.
I reckon she would not get a visa.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers,

Hi Paul,
A friend of mine got into New Zealand despite having a drink drive conviction.
He had to supply character references and I believe it was subject to him not committing an offence within a specified amount of time.
He made a mistake just like your girlfriend has.
Hope it works out ok for you.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:37 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Could she not apply for her police checks now as convictions don'y show until after a court hearing do they? If this is the case it won't appear if she does it asap. They last for 12 months.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:57 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by acbh2
Could she not apply for her police checks now as convictions don'y show until after a court hearing do they? If this is the case it won't appear if she does it asap. They last for 12 months.
Just what I was thinking

Fiona
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

The problem with applying for your police checks now is that you visa runnings in conjunction therefore if you applied for police checks 6th November 2006 you would have to enter Australia before 6th November 2007!!

I wouldnt waste your money on anything, a drug convicition is the worst thing you could have on file!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:33 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers,

Why don't you ask a Migration Agent who should be in a position to give you a definitive answer...? Or ask this in the Migration forum...?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

But don't you then sign another form right near the end that states that nothing has changed on your original application?? I am sure I remember that one.

As others have said I would ask a migration agent, maybe it will depend on the outcome of the police action.

Nikki
xx
Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers,

You really should consult an agent so that it gets presented in the best way possible.
Assuming that it was a small amount, first offence, and she gets a light sentence without imprisonment it probably won't make a difference but professional advice as to how and when to declare it is a must.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 4th 2006 at 2:00 am.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for an eye test! I read that last header as "Canine Offence" and my mind boggled
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'm going for an eye test! I read that last header as "Canine Offence" and my mind boggled

That's what you get for looking at "double enders" all day
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers,

Did she get caught doing a line or in posession of it, either way I doubt they'll charge her they would have done it already, just going to make her sweat probably.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.