Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coastal Qld - Cairns to Sunshine Coast - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I have 45 packets of Walkers S&V crisps with me......
I've advised Customs.

The television crew are standing by.

The make-up artists can give you the "haggard just stepped off a 300hour flight" or the "I'm famous, notice nothing is out of place" look.

Will that be with or without a body search (for the cameras of course) ?

WW
Old Mar 9th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Cyclone close to death
Old Mar 9th 2009, 2:40 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

eh? still looks like its going full throttle to me.
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/ID...oop.shtml#skip
Old Mar 9th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Its core has collapsed, I think it just spins down from here, though I know little about Cyclones.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
Its core has collapsed, I think it just spins down from here, though I know little about Cyclones.
Definitely a Melbourne-based cyclone then.

It's turning left to execute a right hand turn

WW
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It might have died but its pouring down on SC, nice and cool and wet, beautiful Son wont think so he is currently cycling home

Weather report reckons rain from Hamish will stretch as far as Northern parts Victoria

Jeez its so nice not to see blue sky, and sun searing your face, bloody marvellous.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:26 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

I'm in Singapore (right now we're getting a massive monsoon storm, I was going out to the bank but not venturing out in that! It's a tad scary being up on the 24th floor with the lightning going off all around and the thunderclaps are *really* loud and seem to echo off nearby buildngs). I had to rescue the patio umbrella which was just about to topple over the balcony when the wind picked up....

I had the CNN news on earlier and the American weather reporter was pronouncing Hamish as in 'Ham' sandwich LOL! She even asked someone in the studios how to pronounce it and they agreed with her that it should be Hamish as in ham...

She did come on later and is now pronouncing it the correct way. (Then again, in the US they pronounce Basil as in Bay-sil, tomato as tomay-to, so I don't know why she got Hamish wrong...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Will be interesting to see if this cyclone peters out over the next 48hrs, as predicted... personally I reckon it'll re-intensify to category 5 and then change course towards hervey bay. But what do I know.
Better bloody not do!

A break from boring weather is one thing; severe tropical cyclone is another

It has raised my heart rate a notch or two in the last 24hrs watching the progress. Just returning to normal
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

My daughter (15 going on 20) has just spoken to her friends and aparently Australians don`t go into school when its like this........ Yer right, im such a bad mother for being the only person in Hervey Bay that is sending her daughter into school today lol
Bloody hell she gets taken and her boyfriend picks her up. All she has to do is be there for gods sake!!!!!

She can dream on, and on, and on......

Angela
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

my eldest (8yrs) tried it too....
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

God bless them eh Sarah lol
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:36 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Ok here's the latest forecast map:
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

Looks like Hamish has had enough of his jaunt down south, he's heading home.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:57 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
It might have died but its pouring down on SC, nice and cool and wet, beautiful Son wont think so he is currently cycling home

Weather report reckons rain from Hamish will stretch as far as Northern parts Victoria

Jeez its so nice not to see blue sky, and sun searing your face, bloody marvellous.
I too have been loving the grey sky, wind and almost cool temperatures....pure heaven eh?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
I too have been loving the grey sky, wind and almost cool temperatures....pure heaven eh?
Not when the sudden bursts of strong wind send branches very close to my roof, no
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Take a look at the long range models for 23/3/09

It aint over yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.