Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coastal Qld - Cairns to Sunshine Coast - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Then you wont have to get out at Eagle Junction and walk to Kedron...

WW
I'm expecting either to have the flight diverted to Cairns - in which case they'll call me "deployed" and put me in the office up there, or if I do get into Brisbane to find a text message greeting me telling me to get in a cab and turn up for a shift at once
Good thing I don't get jet lag..........
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm expecting either to have the flight diverted to Cairns
And the keys to a hire car to drive straight down to Rocky......

WW
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:02 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And the keys to a hire car to drive straight down to Rocky......

WW
There they come unstuck. There are many reasons why I don't drive........
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

OK
Sunlander from Cairns.

Or the milk run to TSV>MCY>ROK

Or Greyhound

Or if you're really special an Augusta

Plenty of choices

WW
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

It came, it saw and it didnt conquer. Phew. That was scary Dumped a load of rain about lunchtime Saturday and garage room had about an inch of water but apart from that all was good. Mackay breathes again and Framac can get on with the business of selling up.
ps. Heading down the coast but losing power
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Coastal Qld-Cairns-Sunshine Coast-Brisbane - Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Originally Posted by framac67
It came, it saw and it didnt conquer. Phew. That was scary Dumped a load of rain about lunchtime Saturday and garage room had about an inch of water but apart from that all was good. Mackay breathes again and Framac can get on with the business of selling up.

We were all very lucky along the track.

I'm glad you were all OK down there and damage was minimal.

Good luck with the house sale.

Rob
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabc

Rob
Cheers mate. Ah wiz told ah sound like your avatar.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:10 am
Home and Happy

OK
Sunlander from Cairns.

Or the milk run to TSV>MCY>ROK

Or Greyhound

Or if you're really special an Augusta

Plenty of choices

WW
And there was me thinking I'd finally get to have a beer with you Cairns people
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by framac67
So glad it missed you guys

Originally Posted by Rabc

Rob
Lets hope it follows the current track now and chuffs off out to sea.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:34 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

And there was me thinking I'd finally get to have a beer with you Cairns people
That would have been good! I could have plied you with drink and raided your goody bag from the UK!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
That would have been good! I could have plied you with drink and raided your goody bag from the UK!
You'd better hope Hamish moves in the direction of Brisbane for Wednesday morning and causes me to be diverted to Cairns then
I have 45 packets of Walkers S&V crisps with me......

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 9th 2009 at 1:31 am.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:22 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Will be interesting to see if this cyclone peters out over the next 48hrs, as predicted... personally I reckon it'll re-intensify to category 5 and then change course towards hervey bay. But what do I know.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cider
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:32 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Cider
you know me too well!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Will be interesting to see if this cyclone peters out over the next 48hrs, as predicted... personally I reckon it'll re-intensify to category 5 and then change course towards hervey bay. But what do I know.

They just said there was now only a 5% chance of it crossing land, looks like its fizzled out as most of them do. Was looking forward to some intersting weather for a change, last 4/5 months of hot/sunny sunny/warm has got a bit boring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.