Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CNC Jobs in Perth

CNC Jobs in Perth

Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Default CNC Jobs in Perth

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any CNC machinists (CNC Milling, CNC Turning etc....)out there who are living and working in Perth and what the current job situation is like.

When I was over there in March I was actually offered a start in a couple of places, but I couldnt take them up cos I am still going through the Visa application.

What struck me firstly was the wages offered were not that good and it seems the company's want to pay you buttons even though you are offering a skill which is in supposedly 'short supply'.

Thinking of trying my hand up in the mines and chasing the money for a bit. Pick axe and shovel to the ready.....!!!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rob
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:02 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: CNC Jobs in Perth

Hi, not sure if I can be much help, but my husband works as a cnc operator in Jandakot in Perth. He found it a bit hard in the beginning as they use mainly Fanuc or Mazak controls here, he was used to Heidenhehn but they dont seem to use them in Perth. He never had any problem finding a job, he brought a resume with references. His current employer is good, he has been with them for about 3 years now and is currently on $27 an hour, with double time for overtime. I know there is always places looking for good CNC operators, you should have no problem finding work here. Hubbys boss was looking for someone a little while back, not sure if he still is, but there is always jobs in the paper. WA should have no unemployed people to be honest, there are so many jobs.
Hope that helps.
Cherry
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:19 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

i might see you at some of the interviews then

im a cnc setter/programmer working on fanuc/heidenhain/ISO (not trying to sell myself honest)

i was over in april, went to see a couple of guys who my cousin knows and they wanted me to start the next day on $26/hr , went to see an agency and they said i could start the next week and hope to get $30/hr , one quick look in the west australian tells you the situation is pretty good, typically 15-20 cnc jobs every week, failing that keep an eye on www.seek.com.au and just type in cnc perth
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:09 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

My hub came over as CNC person

He works in totally different line now as property maintence and equipment hire (sub contracts)

Decided to take a different route once here, but could have got CNC job had he chose

loads of opportunites for either in that field or something different if you choose!