cnc

Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:18 am
Just Joined

mudhuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cnc

new to the forum thinking about making the move to adelaide i am a cnc turner with a partner of fifteen years and a son of the age of five scored 115 on the assesment looked for jobs in my field cant find any can anybody shed any light?
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:28 am
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cnc

Originally Posted by mudhuts
new to the forum thinking about making the move to adelaide i am a cnc turner with a partner of fifteen years and a son of the age of five scored 115 on the assesment looked for jobs in my field cant find any can anybody shed any light?
has it got to be adelaide?
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at the SOL list (Skilled Occupation List) maybe it's not called the same over there.

here is a link to the relevant page.

With 115 points you are lloking at something like a STNI Visa,
Old Mar 26th 2006, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stutess
has it got to be adelaide?
ok convince me melbourne is better thats the only other place for us {i think more chance of wor***
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

my hubby is cnc operator, they call it metal machinist in oz, there are loads of jobs in Brisbane for this trade, the trade was on the MODL list when we applied 2 years ago think its still on there now.

Hazel
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:57 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazel T
my hubby is cnc operator, they call it metal machinist in oz, there are loads of jobs in Brisbane for this trade, the trade was on the MODL list when we applied 2 years ago think its still on there now.

Hazel
First class metal machinist is still MODL.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Easier to get into Adelaide at the mo, due to 'skills shortage'... less points needed apparently! You have to promise to stay for a year or so, but after that you can move around if you like.

Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: cnc

Originally Posted by Hazel T

Hazel
thanks 4 the info. stu
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:20 pm
stevenpoole9

You should be classifed as a "metal machinist 1st class" by the TRA.
It sounds like you're looking at an SIR visa, which is state specific. You would HAVE to stop in South Australia/Adelaide for 2 years (that may be extended to 3 years if the new citizenship laws go through, which looks probable) You may find that there are restictions placed on what you can do to earn your money etc. Once you have citizenship you are free to travel and settle anywhere in Australia.
If you can get 5 bonus points, for your partners skills, family ties or the A$1000,000 (about 44,000 quid) bond payment you would be able to apply for a "Skilled independent visa" and settle anywhere you choose with no restrictions on the job you can do.
We're about to go to the Southside/Pacific Highway corridoor in about 6 weeks, and the job market for Programmers & setter/operators seems quite bouyant. Try http://www.seek.com.au go through the online jobs search and they will send e-mail notification of matching vacancies. I assume they are nationwide, though I haven't tried them for anywhere other than South East Queensland.The average wages appear to be around A$ 55,000 - A$ 65,000 a year, which isn't fantastic, but not too bad. I did see one for A$72,000 though.
Good luck.

Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
You should be classifed as a "metal machinist 1st class" by the TRA.
It sounds like you're looking at an SIR visa, which is state specific. You would HAVE to stop in South Australia/Adelaide for 2 years (that may be extended to 3 years if the new citizenship laws go through, which looks probable) You may find that there are restictions placed on what you can do to earn your money etc. Once you have citizenship you are free to travel and settle anywhere in Australia.
If you can get 5 bonus points, for your partners skills, family ties or the A$1000,000 (about 44,000 quid) bond payment you would be able to apply for a "Skilled independent visa" and settle anywhere you choose with no restrictions on the job you can do.
We're about to go to the Southside/Pacific Highway corridoor in about 6 weeks, and the job market for Programmers & setter/operators seems quite bouyant. Try http://www.seek.com.au go through the online jobs search and they will send e-mail notification of matching vacancies. I assume they are nationwide, though I haven't tried them for anywhere other than South East Queensland.The average wages appear to be around A$ 55,000 - A$ 65,000 a year, which isn't fantastic, but not too bad. I did see one for A$72,000 though.
Good luck.

He has enough points for a STNI visa, which is permanent residency, but you have to live in the state that nominates you for 2 years
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:52 pm
stevenpoole9

I knew it was something like that. We just went the skilled independent route, so I wasn't sure of the finer details of the STNI. The extra points would be worth going for though, in my opinion, if only for the extra choices it gives you.