Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Club Med - Lindeman Island

Club Med - Lindeman Island

Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Club Med - Lindeman Island

Has anyone been to this place in the Whitsundays or know anything about it ? Good or bad ? Thinking of going in April with Mrs Haggis Supper and the little Haggi's - aged 4 and 6.

Cheers,
Colin
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Club Med - Lindeman Island

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Has anyone been to this place in the Whitsundays or know anything about it ? Good or bad ? Thinking of going in April with Mrs Haggis Supper and the little Haggi's - aged 4 and 6.

Cheers,
Colin
Close friends of ours went to one of theirs in Turkey and raved about it and they're not easily impressed.

I think it will be excellent as probably better there than in Turkey.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis supper

Cheers,
Colin
we didn't enjoy it as the place was very run down. We enjoyed Hamilton Island a lot more, lots for kids to do and well maintained. X
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
we didn't enjoy it as the place was very run down. We enjoyed Hamilton Island a lot more, lots for kids to do and well maintained. X
God, I hate it when that happens
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:45 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe

Went as part of our honeymoon in 96, fantastic place the Whitsundays, didn't particular enjoy the club med experience though. A lot of the staff are young and very up themselves.
If you dared go to the late night bar, where all the off duty staff hang out, you were made to feel very unwelcome.
A couple of lads were thrown out of the bar down some stairs, there are a lot of stairs and had to be flown out to hospital.
Defiantly would go back to the Whitsundays, wouldn't go to Club Med.

When we were there a Sydney breakfast DJ was there and I think he did a very uncomplimentary story on the place.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:30 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Colin,

This is so weird you seem so like us! We looked at going there the year we arrived as well. Enquired and was told that it was hands on fun, fun, fun!
Decided we wanted to have fun when we wanted but most of all a break!

We went to Daydream Island in the Whitsunday's and had a great time. Lovely location. We extended our flights and stayed an extra 4 days (after a short detour of one dreadful night on Long Island Resort (think Butlins meets 18 - 30) PM me if you want any more info.

Oh and Colin, if it's to co-incide with a special date in April go for it, but otherwise I LOVE March/ April in Melbourne it's not a stinkingly hot as Jan Feb and it's dry. Autumn is glorious here. I think I would be tempted to leave it a month. But that's just my opinion.

Louise

Last edited by ljj; Dec 21st 2005 at 5:34 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi Colin,

This is so weird you seem so like us! We looked at going there the year we arrived as well. Enquired and was told that it was hands on fun, fun, fun!
Decided we wanted to have fun when we wanted but most of all a break!

We went to Daydream Island in the Whitsunday's and had a great time. Lovely location. We extended our flights and stayed an extra 4 days (after a short detour of one dreadful night on Long Island Resort (think Butlins meets 18 - 30) PM me if you want any more info.

Oh and Colin, if it's to co-incide with a special date in April go for it, but otherwise I LOVE March/ April in Melbourne it's not a stinkingly hot as Jan Feb and it's dry. Autumn is glorious here. I think I would be tempted to leave it a month. But that's just my opinion.

Louise
Hi Louise,

Thanks for the comments and advice. Have sent you a PM. We were planning to go in May to coincide with Kim's 40th but had only looked at April as we were offered a deal.

Have you ordered your fish platter from Fergs yet ?

And whilst we're exchanging info, any good recommendations for restaurants around Beauy ? Have you been to Doyle's at Mordialloc ? Only been to a few in Black Rock and the Lobster Cave.

Cheers,
Colin