Clothing prices

Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all
Default Clothing prices

Are clothes cheaper out in Oz than they are back in UK? I am talking about casual stuff such as tshirts, shorts, jeans etc.

Any tips?

Gav
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clothing prices

Originally Posted by Gav_71
Are clothes cheaper out in Oz than they are back in UK? I am talking about casual stuff such as tshirts, shorts, jeans etc.

Any tips?

Gav
Nope, about the same I'd say if not slightly more expensive in general for the same standard of stuff.

Any tips? Are you short? I am (5' 7") and consequently cant buy any jeans or trousers in stores here without then having to pay another $15 to get em taken up. Short length leg is simply not generally available here - loaded up on em when I was in the UK - dont like having to pay the Aussie short ass tax!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:16 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Clothing prices

Originally Posted by bcworld
Nope, about the same I'd say if not slightly more expensive in general for the same standard of stuff.

Any tips? Are you short? I am (5' 7") and consequently cant buy any jeans or trousers in stores here without then having to pay another $15 to get em taken up. Short length leg is simply not generally available here - loaded up on em when I was in the UK - dont like having to pay the Aussie short ass tax!
Totally agree with the above!! What is it with Aussies, they come in similar shapes and sizes as the brits, but you cant get a short leg anywhere here!! We also get Next short leg trousers sent over, much easier and better fit!!

I also think that the standard of clothes here isnt as good as the UK and stuff is more expensive here!! One thing that gets me here is how t-shirts ALWAYS lose their shape, no matter how hard I try to reshape them, forget it!!