Clothing

Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clothing

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
They are held together by forces that the collective imaginations behind Dr Who could not fathom.

Seriously, the clothes are fine, just get your arse over here!

<one eye on the clock for the Rugby ...>
have you got it on, my OH gone upstairs to watch it so he wont be disturbed, Big rugby fan.

Yes cant wait to get there but still another approx 9 month to go
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Mind you there aren't that many places around here that cater for over a certain size or very tall ppl.

Saw loadsof clothes shops in Melbourne last year and hubby was quite happy as they had surf shops and he does like his animal, rip curl, and quicksilver stuff.

I'll miss Next but hell the rellies back here can send out stuff for birthdays and xmas if necessary

Jen
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:07 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Rubbish, I am married to a redhead and if you apply the sunscreen properly and at the appropriate intervals you won't get burnt, he certainly hasn't.
i have to agree having a very pale red head daughter she hasnt been burnt in the 2 and a half years weve been here,
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:11 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KerryRyan
Hi all

i have been reading a lot on here about clothing being crap in oz, is it really that bad on quality and fashion. I am not a picky person and cost is not that much of an issue i buy top brands to supermarket cheapies i don't mind were it is from if i like it. I just wouldn't like to get there i wish i had done a big shop before i had left the UK.
you can get nice stuff here the shops i tend to shop in here are sportsgirl, portmans jeans west you can type them into your search they should come up with websites, saying that i do miss the clothes in the uk i dont think the quality is as good here but you wont struggle finding nice stuff it just wont last as long.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:26 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

have you got it on, my OH gone upstairs to watch it so he wont be disturbed, Big rugby fan.

Yes cant wait to get there but still another approx 9 month to go
Had it on, got it on ... in the words of Marc Bolan, I 'Got It On!'.

I'm even tempted to watch Formula 1 qualifiying even though I know the result, that's how smashed I am

9 months? Ah, 'tis nothing, it's worth the wait, believe me

Good Luck,
Matt

(edit) had a mate from Rotherham, spent some time there walking and climbing, enjoyed myself immensely, great people.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Time to mention my $20 specials (shoes) are still doing me proud after 2 and half years used at least weekly?

And my $35 work shoes show no signs of weakness.
Mate, I'm, fussy about work shirts (most of the time I'm scruffy as, when it is smart I go the whole hog and do it right)and in my opinon, you have to spend $70 plus to get even a decent shirt that gets you across the line.

I was having a look in Myer the other day (recent threads fresh in mind), first time looking at clothes in 2 years the other day and King of std was Van Huesen 50 odd bucks let down by crap cut in the collar but saved by a more expensive European cut at $65

There was a another make escapes me now for about $70 let down by the cutaway collar being the wrong cut, and the decent stuff with a truly cutaway collar yet not too big is $100 plus.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Had it on, got it on ... in the words of Marc Bolan, I 'Got It On!'.

I'm even tempted to watch Formula 1 qualifiying even though I know the result, that's how smashed I am

9 months? Ah, 'tis nothing, it's worth the wait, believe me

Good Luck,
Matt

(edit) had a mate from Rotherham, spent some time there walking and climbing, enjoyed myself immensely, great people.
Hi, Its not a bad place, its got its good and bad places, but its not Oz

I just keep thinking its like being pregnant i was pregnant for 9 month and in labour for 49 hours, well that's our wait our flight and stop over,
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:14 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

£10 that's not bad at all, i will be doing a shop for me and the kids before we go, and will find out more shops that will deliver to Oz. Thanks for your help
I used to really struggle with the shopping here but after 18 months I'm slowly getting used to it and enjoying it again more!

Heres a site I put together a while back which will help you find the UK shops which deliver to Aus.

UK Shopping Delivered Worldwide

Enjoy

Rach xxxx
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Mrs Jackaroo;5394994]I used to really struggle with the shopping here but after 18 months I'm slowly getting used to it and enjoying it again more!

Heres a site I put together a while back which will help you find the UK shops which deliver to Aus.

UK Shopping Delivered Worldwide

Enjoy

Rach xxxx[/QUOT

Thanks Rach
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:54 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rach
You're welcome