Clothing

Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

shazza1 will become famous soon enoughshazza1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clothing

im in perth so we get the most sun here,anyway went shopping 2 day 2 get sum sunblock as now we will b heading into summer soon 30+ is the best but still u seemed to still get burned spesh if u have pail skin like my daughter, doesnt work for her no matter what she still gets red raw and blisters anyway sunscreen is expensive here, wen i went to the uk last yr i had to buy sum there(its wen they had that big heat wave lol) my kids was gettin burnt couldnt b leave it,it was like back in oz.but it was much cheaper to buy it there anyway and i got 30+ from boots ..
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shazza1
sorry but all the clothes in oz are crap and are expensive for what they are. been here in oz over 10 yrs and i still miss the good clothes in the uk too.went back for hols there last yr and bought a heap of stuff back people i didnt know commented on the clothes i was wearing and my girls mates were asking where we bought them frm when we told them (oh i bought them frm england) they said oh bummer well then we wont see them here then.and it also the same with food here too,not much choice and expensive.oz isnt that great.(yeah got the sunshine tho but also skin cancer)
There are also many cases of skin cancer in Britain too...where there is sun there is skin cancer . Nothing wrong with the food out here, loads of choice and not very expensive. Neither do I have a problem with clothes so nothing to complain about there. I have been back to the UK quite a number of times but have never bought any clothes back with me, never had the need to
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

sorry but all the clothes in oz are crap
Not so in Melbourne. You can certainly get quality clothes.

However, I do agree that you can't get good quality, cheap clothes. My George combats are going strong after 3 years, similar here last one season if I'm lucky!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:31 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Found it the other way round to a certain extent. Have no problem getting good quality cheap stuff, but harder to find the more expensive stuff. I buy my workwear and stuff in Loewes and Rivers and have found both to be superb quality. Bought three pairs of excellent work pants the other week (big pockets on the legs sort of thing), $20 a pair, rugged as anything and very well made. Ditto with the Rivers stuff. One thing I have noticed is that the surfwear over here is now a *lot* more expensive then when we first started coming out five years ago.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

I suppose everybody has an ideal and what suits one wont suit another, i will still do a big shop(any excuse for a cloths shopping spree) its a woman thing) and just find out what its like when i get there, just have to go with the flow.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

im in perth so we get the most sun here,anyway went shopping 2 day 2 get sum sunblock as now we will b heading into summer soon 30+ is the best but still u seemed to still get burned spesh if u have pail skin like my daughter, doesnt work for her no matter what she still gets red raw and blisters anyway sunscreen is expensive here, wen i went to the uk last yr i had to buy sum there(its wen they had that big heat wave lol) my kids was gettin burnt couldnt b leave it,it was like back in oz.but it was much cheaper to buy it there anyway and i got 30+ from boots ..
I will prob stock up on sun creams here with having 2 kids 18month/4 i will go through buckets
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by KerryRyan
that's good then, but Ryan looks a plonker in a thong

Flip flops are called thongs in Aus. All men look like plonkers in the underwear version.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LauraC

Flip flops are called thongs in Aus. All men look like plonkers in the underwear version.
We gunner have to get to grips with what things are called in Oz, Is Cairns pronounced Cans
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

We gunner have to get to grips with what things are called in Oz, Is Cairns pronounced Cans
There was an Perth Aussie at my gym and he pronounced it Cans. There's another Aussie in my gym who's younger than the Perth one and he lived in Cairns for a while and he pronounces it something between Cairns and Cans.

I'm just going to call it Cairns.

But thongs definately go on your feet, not your under-carriage.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish, I am married to a redhead and if you apply the sunscreen properly and at the appropriate intervals you won't get burnt, he certainly hasn't.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:42 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Time to mention my $20 specials (shoes) are still doing me proud after 2 and half years used at least weekly?

And my $35 work shoes show no signs of weakness.

Shirts are fine, t-shirts are fine (when I can get a non-crap design), jeans are fine, my one pair of underpants is ... fine ... ish
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LauraC
There was an Perth Aussie at my gym and he pronounced it Cans. There's another Aussie in my gym who's younger than the Perth one and he lived in Cairns for a while and he pronounces it something between Cairns and Cans.

I'm just going to call it Cairns.

But thongs definately go on your feet, not your under-carriage.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
Rubbish, I am married to a redhead and if you apply the sunscreen properly and at the appropriate intervals you won't get burnt, he certainly hasn't.
I also am prone to burning and the nearest I get is when I play cricket, and it ain't be design or neglect.

34 frigging degrees tomorrow, first game of the summer season ... lovely.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Time to mention my $20 specials (shoes) are still doing me proud after 2 and half years used at least weekly?

And my $35 work shoes show no signs of weakness.

Shirts are fine, t-shirts are fine (when I can get a non-crap design), jeans are fine, my one pair of underpants is ... fine ... ish
Your 1 pair of underpants are they fine ... ish because of all the washing they have, or not you are funny
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:49 pm

Your 1 pair of underpants are they fine ... ish because of all the washing they have, or not you are funny
They are held together by forces that the collective imaginations behind Dr Who could not fathom.

Seriously, the clothes are fine, just get your arse over here!

<one eye on the clock for the Rugby ...>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.