Clothing

Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough
Default Clothing

Hi all

i have been reading a lot on here about clothing being crap in oz, is it really that bad on quality and fashion. I am not a picky person and cost is not that much of an issue i buy top brands to supermarket cheapies i don't mind were it is from if i like it. I just wouldn't like to get there i wish i had done a big shop before i had left the UK.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:28 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clothing

No its not bad. Quite the opposite in fact. What happens is every once in a while someone starts the thread saying "I buy my clothes in Kmart and the quality is bad" (or insert anyother discount store name) "in the UK when I used to buy them at Marks or Next they were great".

Reality is that we have a large large of store which cater to different markets. If you want cheap and has that disposible quality about the garment then there are stores for that. if you want good quality clothes reasonably priced, again we have that. Even the high end designer stuff is easy to buy.

People will happily spend 40 Pounds on a shirt for some reason for Next and then moan that its so expensive to buy decent quality clothes. Personally if I spend AU$100 on a shirt, its a very nice shirt.

Shopping isnt worse here. Its just different. And that I think scares some people when they are not in the comfort zone of what they have lived with for years. Just get out and look in all the stores and enjoy discovering new places. Its all there.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi there is a fair range of clothing available, some really cheap, others not. What I will say is if you are short (Like me, 5 foot ) you will struggle to get short length trousers. There is only a couple of places do 'short' length but is still way too long. Hope this helps.

Donna
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Centurion
No its not bad. Quite the opposite in fact. What happens is every once in a while someone starts the thread saying "I buy my clothes in Kmart and the quality is bad" (or insert anyother discount store name) "in the UK when I used to buy them at Marks or Next they were great".

Reality is that we have a large large of store which cater to different markets. If you want cheap and has that disposible quality about the garment then there are stores for that. if you want good quality clothes reasonably priced, again we have that. Even the high end designer stuff is easy to buy.

People will happily spend 40 Pounds on a shirt for some reason for Next and then moan that its so expensive to buy decent quality clothes. Personally if I spend AU$100 on a shirt, its a very nice shirt.

Shopping isnt worse here. Its just different. And that I think scares some people when they are not in the comfort zone of what they have lived with for years. Just get out and look in all the stores and enjoy discovering new places. Its all there.
Thank you for putting my mind at rest, will still bring some of my comfort zone over with me but cant wait to find new stuff, thanks again, oh by the way were in oz are you settled we heading to Cairns.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough

Hey, it depends on what sort of clothing you like, i saw that you are a similar age to me, the surf shops have nice stuff in them and there are a handful of other shops that are ok but i think what people are trying to say is theres nothing like topshop, next, river island, oasis, the list can go on.

i go on the topshop website to get my fix...they deliever here for 10 pound!
i do wish i had done a bit of a shop before we came over, especially if theres certain shops that you love, it wont take you long to start missing them.

good luck
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonjelly
Hey, it depends on what sort of clothing you like, i saw that you are a similar age to me, the surf shops have nice stuff in them and there are a handful of other shops that are ok but i think what people are trying to say is theres nothing like topshop, next, river island, oasis, the list can go on.

i go on the topshop website to get my fix...they deliever here for 10 pound!
i do wish i had done a bit of a shop before we came over, especially if theres certain shops that you love, it wont take you long to start missing them.

good luck
£10 that's not bad at all, i will be doing a shop for me and the kids before we go, and will find out more shops that will deliver to Oz. Thanks for your help
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi there is a fair range of clothing available, some really cheap, others not. What I will say is if you are short (Like me, 5 foot ) you will struggle to get short length trousers. There is only a couple of places do 'short' length but is still way too long. Hope this helps.

Donna
Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:26 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil

Donna
good point!

I struggle to find trousers long enough for me (i'm 5ft 4ins) but have long legs, here.

Would it be best if i got mum to send me stuff out or will they sell extra long trousers/jeans?

(morning everyone)

Last edited by Sheff_Sparky; Oct 6th 2007 at 8:27 am. Reason: manners (or lack of)
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
good point!

I struggle to find trousers long enough for me (i'm 5ft 4ins) but have long legs, here.

Would it be best if i got mum to send me stuff out or will they sell extra long trousers/jeans?

(morning everyone)
Millers to trousers in both long and short leg!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:58 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Millers to trousers in both long and short leg!!
thank you xx
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KerryRyan
Thank you for putting my mind at rest, will still bring some of my comfort zone over with me but cant wait to find new stuff, thanks again, oh by the way were in oz are you settled we heading to Cairns.
All you will need is a pair of thongs,shorts and tee-shirts and swimmers up that way
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
good point!

(morning everyone)

finny that i am 5'4 with long legs, hows the process going
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karenjc
All you will need is a pair of thongs,shorts and tee-shirts and swimmers up that way

that's good then, but Ryan looks a plonker in a thong
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

shazza1 will become famous soon enoughshazza1 will become famous soon enough

sorry but all the clothes in oz are crap and are expensive for what they are. been here in oz over 10 yrs and i still miss the good clothes in the uk too.went back for hols there last yr and bought a heap of stuff back people i didnt know commented on the clothes i was wearing and my girls mates were asking where we bought them frm when we told them (oh i bought them frm england) they said oh bummer well then we wont see them here then.and it also the same with food here too,not much choice and expensive.oz isnt that great.(yeah got the sunshine tho but also skin cancer)
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shazza1
sorry but all the clothes in oz are crap and are expensive for what they are. been here in oz over 10 yrs and i still miss the good clothes in the uk too.went back for hols there last yr and bought a heap of stuff back people i didnt know commented on the clothes i was wearing and my girls mates were asking where we bought them frm when we told them (oh i bought them frm england) they said oh bummer well then we wont see them here then.and it also the same with food here too,not much choice and expensive.oz isnt that great.(yeah got the sunshine tho but also skin cancer)
Will defo do the big shop then before we come. Yes the sun is a great bonus but am very aware of the skin cancer factor as my Grandma has it, what strength creams do you use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.