Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clothes shopping for Toddlers

Clothes shopping for Toddlers

Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:03 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Clothes shopping for Toddlers

Can anyone tell me what its like in aus clothes shopping for toddlers ..

Our daughter (18months) is currently growing fast and going through clothes like theres no tomorrow (i guess being a girl that will never change .. us blokes can make a pair of jeans last years!!!)

Anyway currently we have george (at asda), primark and a few other cheap and cheerful clothes outlets that cater very well for the growing toddler WITHOUT making a huge dent in the bank account ..

Is there similar outlets in aus (silly question as i guess there is) and are they as readily avaliable as over here
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:08 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clothes shopping for Toddlers

Originally Posted by cam_uk

Our daughter (18months) is currently growing fast and going through clothes like theres no tomorrow (i guess being a girl that will never change .. us blokes can make a pair of jeans last years!!!)

Anyway currently we have george (at asda), primark and a few other cheap and cheerful clothes outlets that cater very well for the growing toddler WITHOUT making a huge dent in the bank account ..

Is there similar outlets in aus (silly question as i guess there is) and are they as readily avaliable as over here
I found a good one in Rockingham yesterday, not sure if it's local or national. It's called "Best or Less" - good selection of kids' clothes, reasonable prices. Not as cheap as Tesco's but hey, lots of choice.

Sue
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the smaller local shops we have Big W (woolworths), K-Mart and Target here in Victoria and we are in the country. I don't find it a big problem with 4 kids all growing fast. You might even be able to search and find websites on the above to see whether they are in the area that you are looking at and what the prices are.
Have fun.
Nicky
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

The two that spring to mind would be Target and Kmart, both very reasonably priced. I've bought clothes for both my children from Target and found it good quality. I'd say it was probably between Next and Asda as far as cost and quality go.

Then there are the great sales you get a Myer, brands to look out for are Jack and Milly, Country Road, Fred Bare and good old Ladybird.

Louise
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:13 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get fairly reasonably priced toddlers' and kids' clothes at KMart and Target. $5 to $50 a piece depending on how much you want to spend. The Big W is okay too I suppose but I've never been to one. There're almost always some sales going on so just look out for them.

Mrs JTL

P.S. Not only was I slow typing the same reply as everyone else, I also forgot to log A Dogs Life out before posting...

Last edited by A dogs life; Oct 20th 2005 at 7:17 am.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:19 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Cheers folks
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:11 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

I used to like getting my kids clothes from Next cause they would last forever, the best comparison to Next would be Pumpkin Patch, their stuff is really nice. And Target have great kids stuff to. Have a look on www.target.com.au or www.pumpkinpatch.com.au
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:26 am
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
I used to like getting my kids clothes from Next cause they would last forever, the best comparison to Next would be Pumpkin Patch, their stuff is really nice. And Target have great kids stuff to. Have a look on www.target.com.au or www.pumpkinpatch.com.au
Yeah we use next quite a lot as well but it can be a be expensive when she grows out of stuff within a month or two

Cheers for the links .. i'll get the wife to take a look
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:04 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc

Pumpkinpatch is great, watch out for items on sale, then they are really great value. They also wash really well and look lovely for a long time. The girly things are just beautiful. They boys clothes are hard wearing and look cool. I have both sexes in my house so have tried and tested these clothes for the past 8 years - as family and friends from NZ have sent them to use every year. Never had a problem with anything.

Cheap does not always work out to be cost effective. The things sent for the boys have been passed down and then passed onto a friend and they were still looking good. My daughter is lucky, no sister, so no hand - me- downs!!