Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clothes Question for those in Perth

Clothes Question for those in Perth

Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:41 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Clothes Question for those in Perth

Im reading alot on here concerning quality of clothes and lack of things (underwear)
what is the situation in Perth ?
especially to do with T-shirts ?
surely there are shops that sell surf T-shirts ie: billabong, Quicksilver etc ...
are these cheaper in perth than they are in UK ?

when we come to validate was hoping to stock up on my t-shirts.
Not bring them with me ...
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clothes Question for those in Perth

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
Im reading alot on here concerning quality of clothes and lack of things (underwear)
surely there are shops that sell surf T-shirts ie: billabong, Quicksilver etc ...

There's surfing shops everywhere(having sales right now!)
It's cheaper than Holland, so probably cheaper than the UK too.

I'm not missing anything btw (well, maybe H&M, but that wasn't that great), but I never stick to one brand, or expensive stuff anyway.
I'd rather by something cheaper, and then I can buy stuff more often. And I buy basics anyway(plain t-shirts, jeans etc)
Other people prefer quality...
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Simone
There's surfing shops everywhere(having sales right now!)
It's cheaper than Holland, so probably cheaper than the UK too.

I'm not missing anything btw (well, maybe H&M, but that wasn't that great), but I never stick to one brand, or expensive stuff anyway.
I'd rather by something cheaper, and then I can buy stuff more often. And I buy basics anyway(plain t-shirts, jeans etc)
Other people prefer quality...
I know the feeling, im quite happy in my surf t-shirts and jeans so i think i should be ok ....

just sounds like alot peole like there comforts !!

thanks
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:18 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience, casual clothes are relatively easy to find at a good price and good quality, the problem I've found is with ladies business clothing. If its a reasonable price then I dont like the style. If I do like the style then I dont like the price !!!!! Having said that I should have bought in the first month when I was still thinking in Euros. Now I've got into the habit of thinking A$ then it seems expensive. Still alot cheaper than what I would have paid for the same brandname in the UK or Germany, but expensive for an Australian salary.

Guess I'll just have to hope that whatever company I end up working for has a casual dress policy
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
From my experience, casual clothes are relatively easy to find at a good price and good quality, the problem I've found is with ladies business clothing. If its a reasonable price then I dont like the style. If I do like the style then I dont like the price !!!!! Having said that I should have bought in the first month when I was still thinking in Euros. Now I've got into the habit of thinking A$ then it seems expensive. Still alot cheaper than what I would have paid for the same brandname in the UK or Germany, but expensive for an Australian salary.

Guess I'll just have to hope that whatever company I end up working for has a casual dress policy
surely when using a pole for a living the message is "The less the better" ?

Lol ....
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

If I compare the quality of clothes and especially the material they used, then you'll probably find that most clothes are NOT 100% cotton. It is much cheaper in Europe to buy 100% cotton products than you can find in Australia. I do not understand that because 100% is not sweaty while the mixture of cotton and polyester is not comfortable. This is not only true for clothes but also for bed-wear and baby-wear. We are buying heaps of 100% cotton items here and take it with us.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:38 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

surely when using a pole for a living the message is "The less the better" ?

Lol ....
teehee

Guess I've answered the question about underwear as well as "Business clothing"
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:00 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

My teenage daughter will be able to show you where all the surf shops are in Perth. Every single one of the thousands of bloody stores ...... :scared:
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
owieb

I think the "official" surf clothes are really expensive, especially for what you are getting. Sale time can net you a few bargins, but things like Quiksilver, Billabong etc are around the $60 mark (some even as high as $90) just for a t-shirt!

I know that isn't a lot in £'s, but clothes start to look really worn after only a couple of months of summer sun.

Places like Target and JJ's that do non-branded stuff are a good buy for clothes to bum around on the beach in.

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by owieb
I think the "official" surf clothes are really expensive, especially for what you are getting. Sale time can net you a few bargins, but things like Quiksilver, Billabong etc are around the $60 mark (some even as high as $90) just for a t-shirt!

I know that isn't a lot in £'s, but clothes start to look really worn after only a couple of months of summer sun.

Places like Target and JJ's that do non-branded stuff are a good buy for clothes to bum around on the beach in.
thanks !!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:05 pm
Badge

The only thing worse really is decent men's shirts with decent collars. eg cut away collars.

That's all I can think of.

BM