Clothes

Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Clothes

Where in Oz does one buy clothes that are not designer price or Lowes quality?

The Mrs reckons I am starting to look worn out. I just hate shopping.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:35 am
Badge

Default Re: Clothes

Originally posted by bondipom
Where in Oz does one buy clothes that are not designer price or Lowes quality?

The Mrs reckons I am starting to look worn out. I just hate shopping.
good question.

dunno. you're welcome to have my cast offs. (assuming you can get in to a 30inch pair of 501s)

Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:39 am

Leave the cast offs to Vinnies thanks.

There is a new shopping centre up at Bondi and the place is just full of designer labels. Hopefully the sales in the surf shops might turn up something.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

What are you looking for Bondi? I find Myers (Grace Brothers) quite often have not a bad range of casual stuff & some of their stores have a good range of business shirts etc, but if you are looking for surfwear then Im plum out of ideas.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:58 am

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
What are you looking for Bondi? I find Myers (Grace Brothers) quite often have not a bad range of casual stuff & some of their stores have a good range of business shirts etc, but if you are looking for surfwear then Im plum out of ideas.
Just good quality basics that aren't made of polyester. Myers (Grace Bros are no more) are OK but not a single pair of shoes that I liked in my budget.

Back in the UK I (well mainly the Mrs)used to walk into Next and out in no time with 6 months work gear.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Shoes, not sure what you like or are after, but have you tried Colorado? Or Rivers? If you want more business style stuff theres a Floorsheim shop in the city somewhere that Dagboy was in raptures over.

I dont know what Next sell, so its a bit hard for me to compare.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:51 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Just good quality basics that aren't made of polyester. Myers (Grace Bros are no more) are OK but not a single pair of shoes that I liked in my budget.

Back in the UK I (well mainly the Mrs)used to walk into Next and out in no time with 6 months work gear.
If you want Italian designer shoes, you should fly up to Brisbane this weekend. Some shop has gone into liquidation and their stock has been forcibly removed from their stores around the country. At least that's what the adverts say on TV! Its all been sold off at the convention centre. You can get some cheap knickers at the same time as the same thing has (apparantly) happened to a designer underwear store!

Jane
Old Apr 16th 2004, 4:25 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Whats wrong with the Op shops ???
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Have you tried DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) out at homebush. they have heaps of shops there all under one roof. I'm sure you would find something there.

Mandy
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:38 am
rudo1ph

OHHHHH I miss Next!!! It's the only thing I really do miss about the UK

Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:52 am

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
Have you tried DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) out at homebush. they have heaps of shops there all under one roof. I'm sure you would find something there.

Mandy
I work out that way so I will have to check it out.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:55 am
mick n cheryl

Hi

Don't Next do home deliveries then they are online so maybe they will deliver over here you never know check it out

Mick

Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:59 am

Originally posted by mick n cheryl

Hi

Don't Next do home deliveries then they are online so maybe they will deliver over here you never know check it out

Mick
The parents will have a lot of stuff to bring over later on in the year.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:38 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

The parents will have a lot of stuff to bring over later on in the year.

I’m surprised you didn’t stock up on clothes from Next during your trip back to blighty!

I’ve just stocked up for myself from Next, saved up my vouchers from christmas and birthday, and had one good blow out! God I'm gonna miss Next
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:46 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by mick n cheryl

Hi

Mick
No, I asked that very question in one of their stores last week. The web site/NEXT directory etc is for shipping to UK addresses only (so you'll have to get your mates/relatives to act as staging posts).

Nor do M&S, John Lewis. I'm amazed.

Are these guys missing out some business here or what???

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.