Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Closing down sale Perths land?

Closing down sale Perths land?

Old May 21st 2003, 1:55 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Closing down sale Perths land?

You punters are pushing up prices and eatting up the land , more suburbian waste lands ?

Paradise for sale, but join the queue

WA'S land rush has pushed demand for new blocks to their highest level in nine years.

About 2800 blocks of land were sold in the three months to the end of March.

The boom has been driven by investors disillusioned by the poor performances of the sharemarket and superannuation funds.

An Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA) survey found the City of Wanneroo led the boom with 748 sales.

We are not anti-suburb or anti-lifestyle and appreciate that many want to live in the suburbs and have a backyard," she said.

"But we need to focus on how we can make our community more sustainable."

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030521/n...-sto98769.html

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030521/u...-sto98735.html
Old May 21st 2003, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

From the way the land sales go here, you would have to think that OZ house prices still have plenty of scope to go up. Buderim, last release was in March, the next one to be ready to build in August, most blocks have gone up $60,000 to $80,000. They all sold with people fighting over them.

House priced by agent two months ago has been listed at almost $60,000 above that price and sold on Day 2.

Building costs have supposedly gone up 20% in last 6 months alone and building is taking months longer than normal, because everybody is flat out.

Blocks of land about 1klm from a beach that is actually safe enough to swim in, $500 to $700, just for the land, no house no view.

Ozzies just dont trust the share market anymore, house market is huge now.
Old May 21st 2003, 2:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
From the way the land sales go here, you would have to think that OZ house prices still have plenty of scope to go up. Buderim, last release was in March, the next one to be ready to build in August, most blocks have gone up $60,000 to $80,000. They all sold with people fighting over them.

This sums it up a large country where land is now at an ever increasing cost , room to spread out not here?

Last Saturday, the company sold about $3.5 million worth of land at Princeton Estate in Stirling and people had camped out recently for land releases at Beaumaris Beach, Jacaranda Springs and Brighton.

Land was becoming harder to obtain but Mr Satterley didn't believe people were panic buying.

Old May 21st 2003, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dotty
Blocks of land about 1klm from a beach that is actually safe enough to swim in, $500 to $700, just for the land, no house no view.

Where can I apply cos i'll take 10 of those.

Sounds dirt cheap to me

Old May 21st 2003, 4:07 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Sounds dirt cheap to me

On your goverment pay pay packet you could afford them even with the Ks thats missing , they will not take a Poms blood here but they bleed in me tax to feed you , bugger this being the host to feed blood suckers.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 21st 2003 at 4:10 am.
Old May 21st 2003, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
On your goverment pay pay packet you could afford them even with the Ks thats missing , they will not take a Poms blood here but they bleed in me tax to feed you , bugger this being the host to feed blood suckers.

Just to set the record straight I don' t work for the government, but I'm contracted to the government and have no job security at all.

They could terminate or not renew my contract whenever they like, and I couldn't do a thing about it and no comeback whatsoever, but that the way I like it.

Being single I expect they tax me more than you get clobbered.
Old May 21st 2003, 4:25 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Originally posted by pommie bastard

Just to set the record straight I don' t work for the government, but I'm contracted to the government and have no job security at all.

They could terminate or not renew my contract whenever they like, and I couldn't do a thing about it and no comeback whatsoever, but that the way I like it.

Being single I expect they tax me more than you get clobbered.

Son I piss in the pot you take it out , the piss you put back in came from me to start with.

Old May 21st 2003, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Sounds dirt cheap to me

Woops before I start a flood of land for 500 bucks posts I ment $500,000 and $700,000. I can see the planes filling now.