Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

closest tube station

closest tube station

Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:42 pm
WBB

Default closest tube station

hi, i am off to london on thursday to get the kids passports sorted, anyone know which tube station is closest to the strand and any other tips greatly received. i will be arriving by train to waterloo station.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: closest tube station

Originally posted by WBB
hi, i am off to london on thursday to get the kids passports sorted, anyone know which tube station is closest to the strand and any other tips greatly received. i will be arriving by train to waterloo station.

I used Covent Garden, short stroll through there to Strand and turn left once on Strand and you are there, queues can be very long, mind this was a few years back when I went to get my working holiday visa........why not treat yourself to a black cab ride, its not that far from Waterloo station
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:50 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: closest tube station

Originally posted by WBB

Nearest station to Australia House is Temple.

Cheers
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:54 pm
WBB

ah, right. just had a look at an underground map and i notice temple is not far at all from waterloo.

cheers.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

i thought everything had to be done by post re passports? is this not right?..if not it would be worth me taking a day off work to go down and see if i can sort out my sons lost passport
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by jinxnkay
i thought everything had to be done by post re passports? is this not right?..if not it would be worth me taking a day off work to go down and see if i can sort out my sons lost passport
first passports have to be done in person, subsequent ones are done vis post.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

WBB - use the entrance on the Aldwych side (north) of the building - the Strand side is for tourist visas.

Best of luck with it all.

K_M
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:49 pm
WBB

Originally posted by koala_mac
WBB - use the entrance on the Aldwych side (north) of the building - the Strand side is for tourist visas.

Best of luck with it all.

K_M
cheers for that, will do.

i have just booked my train ticket, i will be arriving at paddington at 9:00 and have booked my return for 14:00, lets hope that is enough time.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Really not worth taking the tube or even the bus (unless there's a storm) - Just walk over the bridge and you're there

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:11 pm
WBB

i am headed for paddington now and not waterloo, i think the circle line takes me straight to temple?

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubem...ad_2h_0309.gif

Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by WBB
i am headed for paddington now and not waterloo, i think the circle line takes me straight to temple?

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubem...ad_2h_0309.gif

I see. Better to take Bakerloo line to embankment and change rather than circle line which can be slow and stops every 500 yds !!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

You can walk from Embankment which would save you changing tubes at rush hour just for one stop. It's about 10 minutes' walk down the Strand from Embankment tube.

Take the left exit when you walk out of the barriers at Embankment tube and walk straight up the street in front of you (Villiers St). Turn right at the top onto the Strand, and keep going all the way down to Aus House which will be on your left. Go round to the other side of the building for the correct entrance.

Alternatively, if it's raining, change for the one stop on the District line.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a loud Welshman on Thurs morning(Embankment is my daily stop for work...)
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB
cheers for that, will do.

i have just booked my train ticket, i will be arriving at paddington at 9:00 and have booked my return for 14:00, lets hope that is enough time.

Take something to read!! Hubby waited 2 hours and then the interview for son's passport took about 2 minutes!

have fun and belated congrats on the visa finally coming through,

Sally
Old Mar 15th 2004, 3:38 pm
WBB

cheers all for your help, will let you know how i get on.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:31 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB
cheers all for your help, will let you know how i get on.

Just to let you know there is a Walkabout Bar at temple/emabankment so when you've got your stuff done you can have a beer or seven before your train!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.